Controller Responsiveness Problems with Some Games

All WiiSX related discussion here
Towelie727

Controller Responsiveness Problems with Some Games

Post by Towelie727 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:32 am

So I have everything on my USB, the SD does not even have to be in for any of it to work.

So I can load games Capcom vs SNK (.img file) and Megaman X5 (.bin file) and they work perfectly fine. All buttons do what they should and I can play the games.

But when I try to load Castlevania SoN(.img file), the title screen appears that says to press start but no buttons will produce a response. The same thing happens when I try to play LSD (.iso file).

But when I try to play Crash Bash, a black screen appears that says "Press X for PAL - 0 for NTSC" but nothing will produce a response and I need to exit the game.

Crash Bandicoot 1 won't even start at all. Crash Bandicoot 2 freezes before the title screen loads and Crash Bandicoot 3 plays a brief part of the music but then stops and nothing loads.

I really have no idea why I would be getting these types of errors. All of the Crash games are playable as per the Compatibility list.

The nonresponsiveness of the controller on Castlevania and LSD is the most frustrating because it's like the games are just teasing me when I can't do anything.

Any ideas on what could be the problem and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Controller Responsiveness Problems with Some Games

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:02 am

You need to toggle the controller type from Standard to Analog for these games or vice-versa.