Playstation 1 Controller on Gamecube

All WiiSX related discussion here
wishmasterf

Playstation 1 Controller on Gamecube

Post by wishmasterf » Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 pm

I own a Original Gamecube Controller and a Adapter to use on Gamecube (like that http://dx.com/p/playstation-2-ps2-to-wi ... pter-21329 ). But i can not get it working. Is there any possibility?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Playstation 1 Controller on Gamecube

Post by emu_kidid » Wed May 15, 2013 10:31 pm

If all this device does is map PSX to GameCube buttons, there's no reason why it wouldn't work in WiiSX (on a GC or Wii), unless if it's not properly identifying itself as a GameCube controller to WiiSX.

Does it work in official games? Perhaps it needs the controller to be in a specific mode (Analog vs Digital,etc).
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Thu May 16, 2013 2:20 am

This is my adapter and it works perfect with gc, xbox and usb (pc) witch vibration, I tried on a x360 but it doesnt work on it only on pc, I use it on emulators and 2D games but I don´t remeber the trademark

wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 pm

Not all adaptors work with PlayStation 1 controllers although they may be okay with PlayStation 2 controllers.

Plus some adaptors can introduce lag into the conversion.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/ ... ity-thread - scroll down for PS2 to GameCube/wii - the list is years old as they are more adaptors available now but its a starting place.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
julius

Post by julius » Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I have one only for gamecube. I have used a ps1 controller on it playing SSBM and some games with snes emulator for gamecube and it works ok. It claims that is also compatible with ps2 controllers and Dance Dance Revolution device. The matter is that it could be a little difficult to map R2/L2 funtions on psx games because in cubesx to use those buttons you have to make certain button combination, and the adapter ask you for another combination to emulate the same buttons.