controller not responding, BIOS not found on SD

All WiiSX related discussion here
rveca

controller not responding, BIOS not found on SD

Post by rveca » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:26 am

So I just want to play LSD: Dream Simulator since I found out it exists. Don't really have anything I can play it on but my Wii, but there are a couple problems with that.

First problem: The controller isn't responding. I'm using a Wavebird, and it works fine on other games. On the default setting, the controller is entirely unresponsive. There is a change when I switch to analog controller, but it's no good. On analog, it seems to hold two direction buttons (character walks around in a circle facing up), and pressing directions on the analog stick pauses and unpauses for some reason.

Second problem: The Japanese BIOS file won't load. I figured the controller problem may possibly be related to the lack of appropriate BIOS, so perhaps getting the BIOS to load would fix the first problem. I put it in /wiisx/bios/SCPH1000.bin where it's supposed to go, but when I try to load BIOS from SD, it says "BIOS not found on SD".

I just updated my Wii and all that homebrew stuff in hopes that it may fix the problem, but it didn't. Google is not producing results. Can anyone point me in some direction?
johnnytheghost01

Re: controller not responding, BIOS not found on SD

Post by johnnytheghost01 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:20 am

I had the exact same problem as rveca, but I fixed it by just changing the name of SCPH1000.bin to SCPH1001.bin (NA BIOS). It fixed the controller problem and the game runs great now. Hope this works for you too.
rveca

Re: controller not responding, BIOS not found on SD

Post by rveca » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 am

Bro. :D

Seriously though, I figured that wouldn't fix it given that the instruction page listed more than just the US BIOS. Strange.