WiiSX freezes upon loading from SD card

All WiiSX related discussion here
madspy1337

WiiSX freezes upon loading from SD card

Post by madspy1337 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm having an issue loading Chrono Cross from my SD card. I know that this game is compatible with the latest version of WiiSX, and I have the proper BIOS file with the correct settings.

The game just freezes after the initial playstation logo - right on the WSX screen. I can press the reset button to get back to the emulator.

Could the issue be with my rom file? I downloaded the game in .CCD format, then converted it to .ISO and then converted THAT to .BIN. I've tried loading from all of these files and none of them work. Any help would be appreciated.

btw...the issue is not with my sd card since I've used it to play other homebrew games successfully - just not on wiisx.
manic.blood

Re: WiiSX freezes upon loading from SD card

Post by manic.blood » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm

I've had the same problem. Roms can be in only .BIN .IMG .CCD I too have tried converting ROMS which simply brakes them.
Try using the original .CCD version you have. Also try at least two other games because if they don't run then the WIISX version you have is outdated, the most recent mods have better USB and SD detection. Download the most recent version from here http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_comp ... t_(beta_2) Hope that helped, have fun ;)