wiisx freezes after wii system update.

All WiiSX related discussion here
jjd316

wiisx freezes after wii system update.

Post by jjd316 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:19 am

Ok. i updated my HBC to ver 1.0.7 via hackmii installer. Wiisx at this point worked fine. Most of my games played ok. Then based on info posted in the read me file of the hackmii file it says that once you update your HBC to 1.0.7 it was ok to do the wii system menu update to the latest version of 4.3. So after doing so I can no longer use wiisx. The homebrew loads fine but when i select my bin/cue file it either freezes and i must power down my wii or it says bin/cue doesn't exist. These are all games that worked prior to the wii menu update. all my other homebrew apps works just fine after menu update. What is the problem with wiisx and is anybody else had this issue. thanks
insane

Re: wiisx freezes after wii system update.

Post by insane » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:59 am

I don't think wiisx is your problem. The fact that you updated to 4.3 is your problem. People really shouldn't update softmodded wii's unless there is a damn good reason to. Try to reinstall the previous version of homebrew channel. If that doesn't help then re install wiisx and your bin/cues's. They may have become corrupted during the update somehow. Do you happen to have a ps2 slim, a ps1 memory card and a cd burner?
jjd316

Re: wiisx freezes after wii system update.

Post by jjd316 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:03 pm

thx. i'll try to reinstall both.
i don't own a ps2 or a ps1 memory card.