Two disk games?

All WiiSX related discussion here
Slice

Two disk games?

Post by Slice » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:02 am

Can anyone help me figure out how to make two disk games work for WiiSx? I got the first disk ISO to work, but I'm not sure what to do once I get to the the second disk switch over screen! Can anyone give me some direction??
mikog

Re: Two disk games?

Post by mikog » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:40 am

:?: :? huh? game isos are only supposed to be one part. i dont understand what u mean.
~mikog.[/code]
Slice

Post by Slice » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:53 am

I am playing a game that is two disks, Heart of Darkness. There were two ISOs, one that was for the first disk, one for the second. They are separate, one for the first disk, another for the second. My question is, will two disk game ISOs work with WiiSx.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:34 am

You need to go to the current ISO menu, and select Swap Disc.

There are issues with 2 disc games that don't have the same Disc Id and memory cards. You'll need to copy your save after you complete disc 1, name it the same as a save would look for disc 2 and place it in the /wiisx/saves/ directory.

Example:

Disc 1 of a game has save file SCEE10344.1, so the save would be named SCEE10344.1.mcd

Therefore, if the disc 2 disc id (shown when you go to current ISO -> ISO information) is SCEE10344.2, you would need to copy the save file from the first disc and name it SCEE10344.2.mcd
Slice

Post by Slice » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 am

Hmm well let me describe what I did:
I loaded the first disk ISO and loaded the save state so it opened with the screen prompt to change the disk. I then went to the menu and went to "Swap CD" and selected the second disk, loaded it, and then hit "Play Game" and it just goes back to the disk change prompt.
I changed the save file as you described, the disk one save was SLUS00696.mcd. The CD-ROM ID for the second disk was SLUS00741.mcd, so I copied the file and renamed it SLUS00741.mcd. It still isn't working...is there a step I am missing?