Loading issues (Gamesaves)

All WiiSX related discussion here
anonymouse

Loading issues (Gamesaves)

Post by anonymouse » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:57 am

Hey, so I just recently got Wiisx, and I am having some trouble with it, I can load games easily, the only problem I am having is loading gamesaves. When I save everything saves successfully, but when I play that game again, and load the state, all it does is freeze at the specific spot I loaded. Can anyone explain why?

Thank you in advance.

-Anonymouse
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Loading issues (Gamesaves)

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 pm

I suggest that you resort to using the internal game saves that come with games as your primary way of saving progress in a game. Save states are known to have issues with some games if you're loading them too early or in another part of the game. For instance, if you saved state at the end of a cutscene, it might pay to load it the next time from the start of it, or from the main menu of the game at least and not whilst the game is still booting up towards the main menu.
MRBC_battlecard

Re: Loading issues (Gamesaves)

Post by MRBC_battlecard » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to play Monster Rancher Battle Card. It plays near flawlessly, and reports that save states were made successfully, but after I load a save state, when I hit play game the screen immediately goes to a code dump. Is there any way to resolve this?

Above, you mentioned using in-game saves. Does this mean going to the game's native save menu and saving? I'm surprised that would even work, I thought that would cause a code dump since there isn't any PSX memory card present. If that works, would I be able to shut down my Wii and then resume my play? I'm confused as to where the in-game save would go.

Might this have something to do with BIOS? I'm sorry, I don't understand what they are or if I should be using them. (I'm not, currently.)

THANK YOU FOR THIS COOL PROGRAM! Thanks for your time!