Save problems - Breath of Fire IV

All WiiSX related discussion here
apresmode

Save problems - Breath of Fire IV

Post by apresmode » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi there, I apologize for bringing up a problem that seems to be popping up here and there, but I haven't been able to find a real solution. There may not be one.

I've been playing Breath of Fire IV and it seems to work just fine. There are a couple slow downs in the music at times (during battles and the intro movie) but I expected that much since it is mentioned in the compatibility list. The problem I've been having is with saves. I try save and once it said it was ok and the rest of the time it says it failed. i realize that it may say it failed when in fact it did not. However, after exiting and playing the next day there were no saves in the memory card. I've tried having it save to the sd card and the usb and I get the same result. I haven't been able to try with any other games. This is the only one I've got ripped right now. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem with this game or any others? Is there something that I can do? There are SLUS01324 files in the save folder.

Another save problem has been with the program saving input configurations and general configs. I always have to reset them.

Thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Save problems - Breath of Fire IV

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:25 am

The SLUS01324 files sound like save files. When saving the general configuration (button layouts etc), are you receiving the message that they were saved ok?
apresmode

Post by apresmode » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 am

Yes. I do get the message that everything was ok. There are a few config files in the saves folder.

I think the slus files are save states (at least one is). Neither of those work either. I usually just do the native save states when playing games through emulators.
Aressi

Post by Aressi » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:11 pm

The slus is the id of a game, SCUS means that the game was published by Sony. SLUS means that the game was developed and published by a third party company but still licensed
mikog

Post by mikog » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:32 pm

is it supported? make sure, because if it is supported it might just have a couple problems.
~mikog.[/code]