Problem Loading Spyro The Dragon (Resolved)

All WiiSX related discussion here
Durgon

Problem Loading Spyro The Dragon (Resolved)

Post by Durgon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:33 pm

I get a Exception DSI Error after the Sony screen. I'm wondering why, it's on the list of games that work. I'm pretty sure I did everything right.

Edit: Please disregard, I've got it working now. :D
Last edited by Durgon on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikog

Re: Problem Loading Spyro The Dragon (PAL)

Post by mikog » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Remember that all games aren't supported....... ( because wiisx is in a beta stage, there may be bugs and errors.)
~mikog.[/code]
Durgon

Post by Durgon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:36 pm

I know that, but again, it's on the list of games that have been tested and work.
mikog

Post by mikog » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:38 pm

hmm maybe someone didnt test it enough....... i've noticed that some apps work on other nintendo wiis but not mine. (Example: :arrow: The Homebrew Browser Boots back to HBC with a error....... :( ) :? sometimes if something works for someone else, doesn't mean it will work for you. :( lol sorry if this sounds too deep......
~mikog.[/code]
Durgon

Post by Durgon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Okay, I got it working now (sorta). I removed the .ECM and now it's a .BIN file.

So the game loaded, and the game came on, it was a few seconds into the intro (The Gnorc was climbing the mountain) and then it froze. There was some writing that came up in the corner but it's hard to read.

Edit: Oh, and then it went back to Homebrew.

Edit2: Is it possible that this is because it is the PAL (Europe) version? Seeing as I'm not in Europe, should I be using the NTSC version?

Edit3: Aha, finally figured out what went wrong. For whatever reason, upon extracting the .ECM, about 400MB were removed, why, I'm not sure. But I extracted the .ECM again, this time the file size was correct, and I am now able to play Spyro the Dragon on my Wii. I find this amazing really, it almost defies the laws of the universe, playing Playstation games on a Nintendo system. I love you for creating this. :3