New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

All WiiSX related discussion here
mikesmeister789
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:10 pm

New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by mikesmeister789 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:47 am

Since the WiiSXR thread was locked, I'll post his here,

https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr

WiiSXR is a fork of the original WiiSX source, which we all know has been inactive for some time. We have a dedicated developer who goes by the name of Mystro256, and in the past few days, we've seen some progress. I look forward to seeing what'll be in store. I for one look forward to having GX accelerated graphics, proper audio plugin implementation, a new GUI (speaking of which, the new dev for this fork has stated the code needs a serious rewrite as it's quite broken).
He also plans on porting as much code and optimization as he can over to the Wii, and if mGBA is anything to go by in that regard, we can expect to see some amazing progress.
User avatar
megalomaniac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Drunk in Texas
Contact:

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:18 am

randomizer aka mikemeister789 wants to appear like a good guy however after the previous thread was locked due to the turn of the tone in the conversation he reports the fact i locked the thread. Im sure it is obvious to all the development thread was going down the wrong path. Randomizer is upset that i locked his posts from being edited so he cannot clean up and seem like a good guy who is innocent and made no offending post as he has done so many times in the past.
Image




via PM he also sends me this:
Image







Wii64 users and WiiSX users: is this the guy you want to speak up for you?
once he posts in a thread it almost always ends up the same way...locked and any previous good discussion is "lost."

this current thread will remain open as its always good when information is posted about development discussion, news, or progress updates. You can bet this thread will not last long though as it will end up the same as before due to randomizers tactics, unstable personality issues, and overall crybaby attitude.

So avoid the bullshit and make sure this thread stays open...next time sub-forums will be closed
Attachments
report.png
(34.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PM.png
(53.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by tueidj » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:52 am

For the record, I wasn't banned from gbatemp at all which anyone can check for themselves - I just stopped going there, unlike the_randomizer (AKA Brandt Mackay, nintendo_nerd, roflcopter777) who has been banned from there, here (several times), and who knows how many other video game forums for behaving like this:
Image
So apologies to mega for continuing the shitposting, but I'm curious to see how this dickhead intends to make me "fucking sorry" for supposedly revealing his real name even though it's already plainly on display at his twitter account.

Just chill out already Mr. Mackay, mmkay?
Daruda
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:03 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Daruda » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Sad. Especially for you people out there investing energy into the scene developing and maintaining forums, that still have to deal with negative energy and expectations. I really would like to be able to read on these forums (and yes, check on progress from time to time) without all this negativity, it's good for absolutely nothing. I don't propose a massive handholding and kumbaya singing session, but Randomizer, if you keep frequenting this (and other) forums expecting updates and it's not giving you what you're looking for (updates :lol: ) maybe it's time to focus on something else if it gets you this frustrated. Please realize that nobody owes you a damn thing. Step away from your computer, and take a walk in nature or something. Find another hobby.. Either way, before posting (or sending PMs like that) - take a deep breath, and think about what you want to accomplish AND if you're actually adding anything or making the world a better place. Not just for others but ALSO for yourself - it seems you're only getting yourself more angry and frustrated, PLUS getting developers responsible for the updates you crave to get demotivated, you're just shooting yourself in the foot..

Anyway, YES people still frequent these forums, many of them may not post, but there's lots of grateful people out there (like me! ). Ofcourse I'm also here to check if there's updates, but I'm not going to complain about it. I can fully appreciate real life coming in taking up time, changing priorities or just losing interest. S'all good ! Staying hopeful and in the meanwhile, moving on with my life :roll: .
User avatar
nakata
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:54 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by nakata » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:57 pm

+ 1 Daruda. Only thing to add to what you said, for me is you know, actually playing a lot of current Not64 (and some WiiSX) in the meantime :)
Image
Daruda
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:03 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Daruda » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:59 pm

Hehe Nakata,

Yeah next time I get back to where my Wii is I'm definitely going to give those a spin as well! Have some PSX1 rpg's I'd like to revisit!
sindrik
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by sindrik » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm

Oh, shame i discovered my old thread got closed. Anyway, i hope this gets developed from time to time, at least it's something. Whether or not the current developer of WiiSXR is a pro coder, his efforts are appreciated.

Those currently using the wiisxr builds: random hangs in Mortal Kombat Trilogy are fixed. I hope Wi U Pro controller support gets fixed sometime =)
User avatar
DTK.21
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:43 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by DTK.21 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:19 pm

I've been going by the last time there was a commit just a quick peek and leave other than that I'm really looking forward to this
sindrik
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by sindrik » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:50 pm

New build available since Feb. 6, for those interested.
User avatar
tt_stopwatch
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by tt_stopwatch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:29 am

sindrik wrote:New build available since Feb. 6, for those interested.
Great news

Can you point me url to the file? I never understand the things on Git Hub...

Also, what are the changes?
User avatar
ShadowOne333
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:06 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by ShadowOne333 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:03 pm

tt_stopwatch wrote:
sindrik wrote:New build available since Feb. 6, for those interested.
Great news

Can you point me url to the file? I never understand the things on Git Hub...

Also, what are the changes?
Here you go:
https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr/raw ... /WiiSX.dol

You can always look at the latest .dol by going to the main Github page then entering the Gamecube folder.
That one has the latest WiiSXR.dol file compiled from 18 days ago.
Orvis25
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:24 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Orvis25 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:35 am

New to getting mods on my wii.

So i have wiisx installed, and "working", but i am having some games giving me dump files, while others play fine but crash the system when trying to exit back to wiisx menu. I am also having issued with when i back out to menu successfully, my USB device acts like it is unplugged or disconnected (wii cant find it).

How do I install WiiSXR over Wiisx to see if this helps with game, USB, and crashing stability? I do not understand how to use the github zip folder

ps: I want to say that EPSXE emulator can run both games fine without errors. I do not know if there is some code you can look at to help.
No Honor
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by No Honor » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 am

I'd like to know, too. How do I install WiiSXR over WiiSX?

Main reason I want WiiSXR is I think I read it has the native save device option, which I want because I want to be able to save using physical memory cards (Gamecube memory cards) which WiiSX states it can do, but doesn't..

I tried removing the old file and replacing it with the .dol file, but now the emulator isn't even showing up on my Homebrew Channel.
User avatar
tt_stopwatch
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by tt_stopwatch » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:11 pm

No Honor wrote:I'd like to know, too. How do I install WiiSXR over WiiSX?

Main reason I want WiiSXR is I think I read it has the native save device option, which I want because I want to be able to save using physical memory cards (Gamecube memory cards) which WiiSX states it can do, but doesn't..

I tried removing the old file and replacing it with the .dol file, but now the emulator isn't even showing up on my Homebrew Channel.
Well.. its really just that, just replace the .dol

If you are unsure about your instalation, make it a new folder that you are SURE that you put the correct boot.dol file

Also, create a flashy icon.png so you can find the app easily on the homebrew channel
No Honor
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by No Honor » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:21 pm

tt_stopwatch wrote:
No Honor wrote:I'd like to know, too. How do I install WiiSXR over WiiSX?

Main reason I want WiiSXR is I think I read it has the native save device option, which I want because I want to be able to save using physical memory cards (Gamecube memory cards) which WiiSX states it can do, but doesn't..

I tried removing the old file and replacing it with the .dol file, but now the emulator isn't even showing up on my Homebrew Channel.
Well.. its really just that, just replace the .dol

If you are unsure about your instalation, make it a new folder that you are SURE that you put the correct boot.dol file

Also, create a flashy icon.png so you can find the app easily on the homebrew channel

I finally got it working.

Saving is working alright, but there are certain games that do not allow me to control whether I save on slot 1 or slot 2 (Digimon Digital Card Battle is an example), which makes it impossible to do 2-Player battles, because these games save on slot 1 by default. I need to find a way to save to slot 2 on the USB, or I need to get that supposed Gamecube Memory Card support working. What exactly are the "Slot A" and "Slot B" options for in native saves?
sindrik
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by sindrik » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:16 am

New build today:
- Rebuild with ustealth

https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr/raw ... /WiiSX.dol
User avatar
Mystro256
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Mystro256 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Hello people!

Nice to see people are interested in what I'm doing. Unfortunately I'm a little limited on time, but I'm doing what I can. I actually think I have some progress on increasing the speed of the emulator, but don't expect anything soon. I'll probably make an actual release soon-ish, rather than having rolling builds without changelogs, and I aim to eventually make a forwarder channel.

I'm actually looking for help if anyone has the skillset (fork me on github or send me patches!). I'm attempting to be on par with PCSXR, then work myself up from there... Also note that epsxe is NOT open source, so I can't borrow code from it (a few people have mentioned it).

There's some fragile code I've been working around for a while, which has been inhibiting my progress (it's GUI code), but I'm still playing with that. If anyone is interested in remaking the GUI in libwiigui, please let me know!

Thanks for the shout out and enthusiasm! :)
User avatar
Mystro256
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Mystro256 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:10 pm

sindrik wrote:Oh, shame i discovered my old thread got closed. Anyway, i hope this gets developed from time to time, at least it's something. Whether or not the current developer of WiiSXR is a pro coder, his efforts are appreciated.

Those currently using the wiisxr builds: random hangs in Mortal Kombat Trilogy are fixed. I hope Wi U Pro controller support gets fixed sometime =)
Haha the hangs were actually caused by some poor coding I found and fixed (2 seg faults, one memory leak), but its good to hear it actually helped compatibility.

As well, I've noticed the issues Wii U Pro controller code too, but it's at a "good enough" state right now, so it's low priority. If you have time, feel free to make issue reports on github!
User avatar
Mystro256
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by Mystro256 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Daruda wrote:Sad. Especially for you people out there investing energy into the scene developing and maintaining forums, that still have to deal with negative energy and expectations. I really would like to be able to read on these forums (and yes, check on progress from time to time) without all this negativity, it's good for absolutely nothing. I don't propose a massive handholding and kumbaya singing session, but Randomizer, if you keep frequenting this (and other) forums expecting updates and it's not giving you what you're looking for (updates :lol: ) maybe it's time to focus on something else if it gets you this frustrated. Please realize that nobody owes you a damn thing. Step away from your computer, and take a walk in nature or something. Find another hobby.. Either way, before posting (or sending PMs like that) - take a deep breath, and think about what you want to accomplish AND if you're actually adding anything or making the world a better place. Not just for others but ALSO for yourself - it seems you're only getting yourself more angry and frustrated, PLUS getting developers responsible for the updates you crave to get demotivated, you're just shooting yourself in the foot..

Anyway, YES people still frequent these forums, many of them may not post, but there's lots of grateful people out there (like me! ). Ofcourse I'm also here to check if there's updates, but I'm not going to complain about it. I can fully appreciate real life coming in taking up time, changing priorities or just losing interest. S'all good ! Staying hopeful and in the meanwhile, moving on with my life :roll: .
Indeed, some people just need to learn to chill out sometimes. I appreciate the good vibes :mrgreen:

I'd rather people pick up some code and help me out rather than spend their time bad mouthing me (yes I read the old thread). I meant if people think they can do better, then I would love the help! That's what open source is all about!
tueidj
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by tueidj » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 am

Now you get the fun job of dealing with his entitled whinging on github too (roflcopter777 = randomizer).
sindrik
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by sindrik » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Mystro256 wrote:
sindrik wrote:Oh, shame i discovered my old thread got closed. Anyway, i hope this gets developed from time to time, at least it's something. Whether or not the current developer of WiiSXR is a pro coder, his efforts are appreciated.

Those currently using the wiisxr builds: random hangs in Mortal Kombat Trilogy are fixed. I hope Wi U Pro controller support gets fixed sometime =)
Haha the hangs were actually caused by some poor coding I found and fixed (2 seg faults, one memory leak), but its good to hear it actually helped compatibility.

As well, I've noticed the issues Wii U Pro controller code too, but it's at a "good enough" state right now, so it's low priority. If you have time, feel free to make issue reports on github!
Thanks for your updates, man! I check from time to time the github to see if there's new builds to test. I'll happily contribute with what i can.
niuus
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:03 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by niuus » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:46 am

Some recent updates! No build available, i hope we can test it soon.

Oct 16, 2016

Fix issue #24
Possibly another bug, fixes condition amiguity
Random bug I found while looking through the code
Fix credits centering
Fastmath is likely a safe optimization
Cleanup cdrmooby
ReFix/Clean up CDRMooby (fixes Issue #5)
Fix that god awful bug#12
Fix issue #6, silence 2 warnings
Remove an unnecessary check
Fix a warning
Style fixes
Some perf tweaks
sindrik
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:13 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by sindrik » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Mystro256 wrote:Indeed, some people just need to learn to chill out sometimes. I appreciate the good vibes :mrgreen:

I'd rather people pick up some code and help me out rather than spend their time bad mouthing me (yes I read the old thread). I meant if people think they can do better, then I would love the help! That's what open source is all about!
hey mystro256, any updated build u can share with ur new changes? thx!!
decomposing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 am

Re: New fork of WiiSX - WiiSXR

Post by decomposing » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm having issues with the latest wiisxr and the betas of wiisx, the older ones worked I think...
with the ANALOG setting using any controller - gamecube / classic / etc
do I need to do something to get it working? install a wad?
all my gamecube and wii side is fine
wii64 works with analog fine
did something break as I see many people with the same issue.
does this new update fix that?

CHEERS
decomposing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 am

Decomposing

Post by decomposing » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:30 am

Also i can't find the build under the game cube directory.
Am i missing something there?
I figured out how to map the dpad to the analog stick in the current 2.2 but curious how much better the newer build are.

Thanks
Post Reply