Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

All WiiSX related discussion here
metri3

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Post by metri3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:45 am

I have the original disc, but my playstation is dead. Will the wiisx emulator play the iso with no problem?
Tonten

Re: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Post by Tonten » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:22 am

The only way to find out if WiiSX will play the .iso no problem is if you try it yourself. The current compatibility for WiiSX is not perfect so not every game will work 100% and some games may not work at all.

After checking the latest blog entry for WiiSX beta 2.1, some posts made it seem that Castlevania: Symphony of the Night doesn't work too well. You can read the comments here: http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?p=336#comments

Perhaps you'll have a different experience when running the game but I doubt it. My advice is to try changing some of the general, video and control options from the main menu of the emulator. If nothing works it's most likely because the game isn't compatible yet.
julius

Post by julius » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:30 pm

I have already tested it, it works but very slow (as the games that I´ve made work). I used a gamecube with SDML and SD Gecko.
guedesbrawl

Post by guedesbrawl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:23 pm

i have it,works almost perfectly,some roms having a little lag,i think that rooms really detailed and with special effects (such as fog)
my only issue with it is the wiisx config for controlles
dmbjunky

Post by dmbjunky » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:52 am

I am not too experienced with emulators but I tried it and it was slow at first. I changed a few settings to make it work better but I can't get past the start screen. It doesn't seem to recognize the controller or something.
julius

Post by julius » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm

You shold try with another game. In my case I can´t make work Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3, but others works pretty good like Metal Gear Solid Virtual Missions; give I try to this game, it works for my in my gamecube.