WiiSX can not access USB to run BIOS/ISOs

All WiiSX related discussion here
blasphemy666

WiiSX can not access USB to run BIOS/ISOs

Post by blasphemy666 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:48 pm

I know there is already a thread for this and I posted in it. I am just making my own incase I don't get replys to old threads :P.
hard drive is formatted FAT32, every other app has no problem accessing the harddrive. WiiSX itself is launched from the USB drive and yet when it cant access the bios from the same harddrive the emulator was launched from. It also can't detect the drive to load ISOs either. I have no problems running anything from an SD card the problem is I dont have enough SD cards to store all the games I want to play so I would like to be able to use my external harddrive to run everything. Can somebody please help me with this?

Drive is also unpartitioned
blasphemy666

Re: WiiSX can not access USB to run BIOS/ISOs

Post by blasphemy666 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:54 am

I also just plugged my SD card reader into the USB port and ran tested out WiiSX once again it had no problems loading up but it could not detect the SD card in the usb slot. WiiSX has no problems running from an SD card for me I just dont have any cards large enough to hold many games so I want to get my USB HDD working. Ive also tried using the SD card reader and USB HDD on both ports each with an empty or a keyboard plugged into the other nothing seems to want to work. All of my other emulators have no problem detecting the USB drive except for HuGo >.>
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Try a mod of the Emulator designed to use the USB2 module of IOS 202 or 58. either one should give you greatly improved USB compatability.
blasphemy666

Post by blasphemy666 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:03 pm

where would I be able to get that. My HBC runs on IOS 58 and I'm pretty sure all of my other homebrew runs on there too. I tried adding the no ios reload command to meta.xml to force it to use 58 even and no luck. If you could help me out me that would be awesome.
blasphemy666

Post by blasphemy666 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 pm

found 2 versions of it on google both didn't work so I'm starting to think I might have missed step setting up my wii. I'm almost to the point where I just want to format the thing and start again.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:34 pm

thats really strange I had the same issues and the USB 2.0 mod fixed my problem. Not sure whats wrong there.,....
blasphemy666

Post by blasphemy666 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:55 pm

Ahhhhh whatever man Its alright, I just picked up 2 4gb SD cards for 10 bucks each I'll be fine now I think. I just didnt want to deal with only being able to put 1 game on 1 card and having to rewrite all the time.