Is there no guide for cubesx?

All WiiSX related discussion here
bentomo

Is there no guide for cubesx?

Post by bentomo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 am

I've looked for a simple guide on using cubesx. I just want to figure out how to load the isos or bin.ecm file.

I don't quite understand why psone emulators need bios's anyway. I downloaded the scph-7502 bios and put it into the bios folder.

What happens when I load in the iso and press the play game button cubesx just freezes.
What am I supposed to do, does everyone just inherently know what to do?

Oh and I'm using swiss with a zeno gc and sd adapter in slot b of my gamecube.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Is there no guide for cubesx?

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:05 am

you need SCPH1001.BIN.

Your SD Card should look like this:
/wiisx/isos/ <- .iso,.bin,.img go here (don't use shortcuts like .cue/.ccd)
/wiisx/saves/
/wiisx/bios/ <- SCPH1001.BIN goes here

In the cubeSX settings, enable Dynamic Recompilation instead of the Interpreter to speed it up if you haven't already and enable the bios to be loaded from SD on the same settings screen.

Try again and let me know how you go. What game(s) are you trying, some are known to not boot so that might also be another thing to consider.
bentomo

Post by bentomo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Well I was at least able to get it to boot, I changed the extension to actual iso. I used to the 1001 bios but I need to load through bios. Dynarec just loads the game faster.

However with several different settings it either freezes on black screen or I get a screen with a lot of text.

Some people say they've played this game though, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
julius

Post by julius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm

You are right, Dynarec only increases the speed. I tested it with kind of simple games like WWfF Wrestlemania:The arcade game and Castlevania:Symphony of th Night and they became faster, but then showed the blank screen after a while, that´s why I turned it to Interpreter, low speed but at least I see what I´m doing on screen.

I know this is not the proper thread, but I´d like somebody explain me why ·$%&/(=?¿*^¨ the .img images of Street Fighter games do not but in cubesx. Man, I´ve booted even the Jenna Jameson game for PSX, but I cannot but not even Street Fighter Collection image.
The matter is not the company, because I already booted Misunventures of Tron Bonne. My hope is that emu_kidid and team will fix this issue for next vrsion of the emulator.
Please guys,tell me I´m not wrong!!
alzen

Post by alzen » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am

Emu, I know that this guide is only 1 post long :lol:, still guess this topic should be visible on the top of the section as a sticky one. Just because it's a wonderful guide 8-). Helped me a bit as well(about the BIOS file - now I know which one should I choose).
Take a look at my YouTube channel - totally dedicated to retro shooters