Snes9x GX

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
inukaze

Re: Snes9x GX

Post by inukaze » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:29 am

Well i wanna know , if the next version, are based on official snes 1.53 Official ? ( http://files.ipherswipsite.com/snes9x/s ... rc.tar.bz2 )

or based in 1.53 of BearOSO GTK Port ???

If some user linux can test this version of emulator , can find here : http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gtk/downloads/list

i believe , the issue are fixed in this lastest code , but the thing its the same of ever , port to gamecube the source.

Well thankyou for the answers
triompf

Post by triompf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:35 pm

When i tried to play mario games on the newest Snes the button reacts very slow. I dont know if anyone has the same problem? I'm runbning the snes Emulator via sd with program the newest swiss!?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

I've noticed this too, I'm not sure if it's a Swiss only related problem or not but I plan to track it down (if it's a swiss issue).
triompf

Post by triompf » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

I tought it was a problem because of the Mem-stick speed. But ill try other version of both the programms Swiss and Snes GX.. i already tried a older swiss version, but this ould not change the problem.
triompf

Post by triompf » Tue May 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Snes9x GX 4.2.7 is working better then Snes9x GX 4.2.9

This has nothing to do with Swiss
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 pm

im testing this emu on my gc.
how can i get this to run BS zelda games?

BS zelda games are three different games:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:04 am

I'm pretty sure Snes9xGX won't run games with a bad checksum or improper filesize. Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes doesn't run either unfortunately.
infact

Post by infact » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 am

well, it "should" just run. i can't test at the moment, but i'm pretty sure i ran bs zelda on snes9xgx some time ago...
infact
Image Image
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

infact wrote:well, it "should" just run. i can't test at the moment, but i'm pretty sure i ran bs zelda on snes9xgx some time ago...
really? on what revision did you managed to run BS zelda?
on the latest rev 4.3.1, it won't run any BS zelda and when i load the game it says, invalid ROM or game or file type etc.

also some of the controls are slow and don't respond immediately, any fix?
or use a previous rev like 4.2.8?
infact

Post by infact » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Well you can't just run the original rom dump... you have to use a patched version, because the emulator can't emulate the real bsx hardware. This links might be helpful:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bs1files.shtml
http://z9.invisionfree.com/bszelda/inde ... topic=1126
(btw. i think i used MottZilla's patch back then)

What do you mean with slow controls? Do you mean a lag between pressing the button and something happenig? this has been fixed after 4.3.1 (in r718) so it might take some time until 4.3.2 is out featuring this change. (i think this might be the issue, the others mentioned above :idea:)
Or do you mean a general slowdown of the games? This can be related to the processing power of the console, some games are heavy on ressources. So there is not much need of trying it with older versions. But you can always try your rom with the recent windows/linux versions though.
(And there has been an older project featuring the older snes9x core, which might be faster, but it is outdated... just for reference: snes9xgx143)
infact
Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I believe he means the lag on the GC controllers, I was waiting so long for a fix too. it only happens in PAL50 mode I noticed.
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 pm

infact wrote:Well you can't just run the original rom dump... you have to use a patched version, because the emulator can't emulate the real bsx hardware. This links might be helpful:

What do you mean with slow controls? Do you mean a lag between pressing the button and something happenig? this has been fixed after 4.3.1 (in r718) so it might take some time until 4.3.2 is out featuring this change. (i think this might be the issue, the others mentioned above :idea:)
Or do you mean a general slowdown of the games? This can be related to the processing power of the console, some games are heavy on ressources. So there is not much need of trying it with older versions. But you can always try your rom with the recent windows/linux versions though.
(And there has been an older project featuring the older snes9x core, which might be faster, but it is outdated... just for reference: snes9xgx143)
yep, thanx for the tip, infact
i've got the patched versions of BS zelda, BS zelda ancient tablets and the unpacthed map link to the past.
i'll use these instead of my previous ones which probably weren't patched, so didn't load up or boot at all.
emu_kidid wrote:I believe he means the lag on the GC controllers, I was waiting so long for a fix too. it only happens in PAL50 mode I noticed.
yeah, same here
also can changing the video mode in swiss make the control's lag go away or improve?

like im using swiss 0.2, if i change the video mode to PAL60 will that have any drastic change or effect?
infact

Post by infact » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm

you can change the video mode in the emulator options menu.
infact
Image Image
inukaze

Post by inukaze » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:46 am

Well , i need got a W.o.d.e Chip , Repair my Ngc Dol-001 Purple , and after i try the lastest version of this emulator in my ngc :=)
the_randomizer

Post by the_randomizer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Well at least some emulators are getting an eventual new version.
"Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use."

Homer Simpson
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:20 pm

infact wrote:you can change the video mode in the emulator options menu.
yeah, thanx man :)
i figured the LAg controls issues has to do with the PAL 50HTZ,
as it ONLY lags movement and such in PAL 50 mode, PAL 60 mode, ntsc 480P, possibly progressive 480p works fines no lag.

easy fix, just change the video mode in video settings to PAL 60/ntsc 480p/progressive 480p and it works like normal :)
so i think once you make this video change in one game, the emu applies this change to all games in the emu folder.

solves the lag issue, same goes for FCUGX emu.
Gamerlolwind wrote:
infact wrote:Well you can't just run the original rom dump... you have to use a patched version, because the emulator can't emulate the real bsx hardware. This links might be helpful:

i tried the patched BS games, still no dice, all i get is Error loading game
i wonder why?
i'll try emu ver 4.2.7v maybe 4.3.1v isn't happy with loading BS zelda games.
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:06 pm

i have tested the BS zelda games in the new snesgc 4.3.2.
apparently they DO intact work.
why? well here's my explanation:

it's because in 4.2.7v the BS-X BIOS ROM wasn't included for these games to work.
also when you open a new snes ver. dol if you don't already have a 'Snesgc"folder with "rom" and "saves", it creates a new one for you biased on it's version .dol loaded. (which you should just take the rom/saves folders out of the old "snesgc" folder and just place in the root of your SD, and when you load the new snesgc .dol the app create a new "SNES" folder, just drag n drop your games and saves in their places in the new snes folder and it works. :)

i think this trick applies to all emu's maybe

hugo gc sdhc fix?

edit: spelling errors fix (14/2/13)
Last edited by Gamerlolwind on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infact

Post by infact » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 am

I don't really get your message here, but a recompile with latest libogc will fix hugo-gc sdhc loading.
infact
Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:13 am

infact wrote:I don't really get your message here, but a recompile with latest libogc will fix hugo-gc sdhc loading.
Heh...
Might fix sdhc loading but crashes afterwards ...I didn't have much time to see what's happening...with all these projects, maybe I can find some time
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
infact

Post by infact » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:28 am

Also had a look in the hour since my last post. compiling etc is fixed now and file browsing works, but i was not able to launch a rom, like you said (black screen with some garbage).

I don't want to spend more time with this, cause the source code is very messy and i think a backport of wiiengine will have more benefits, but here it is: http://www.file1.info/WT2fX5C
infact
Image Image
diosoth

Post by diosoth » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Is there a trick to getting the emulator to save my controller key bindings? I use a PS1 controller with adapter for emulators and I have to re-bind the 4 buttons to match its layout. I have to do this every time I run the emulator.