L - V R - VI Start - Run Z - Select

My Set up usiing my SNES to GC/Wii Adapter

Y - II
B - I
X - IV
A - III
L - V
R - VI

So while using the Super NES Config II & I are on Y & B ..Using a Hori Pad it would be II & I to B & A

But that would have a Input Config
So any update yet?, I want to play SFII CE in Hugo
megalomaniac

Re: Hu-Go! GX unofficial

Post by megalomaniac » Fri May 16, 2014 1:38 am

ill try to find time to update sometime this year....
if i have not done it by October, post a reminder here
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:06 am

It's October

Any Updates
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:51 am

sorry i meant October 2015
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Any Updates in 2016?
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:40 am

I guess no more updates
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:18 am

MarioMania wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:40 am
I guess no more updates
Also hoping for the best. :(
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:56 pm

It's 2019 now :P

I was bored, I've forked the original project on github and have taken the 2008 source + applied the 2013 megalomaniac changes + made it compile with the latest libOGC/devkitPPC here. Please test it out and post what changes you'd like to see and maybe someone will do it now that there's a easily built version of this project.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:36 am

Thank you. I'll give this try tomorrow and report back. If you get bored again could you look into refreshing the neogeo cd emulator? The last refresh works well but it could use some 16:9 correction support imho. Anyway, not a big deal, thank you for efforts and for providing a forum for the gamecube enthusiast community.
Jweeber

Post by Jweeber » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Gave this build a try and can report that it successfully loaded and played some non-compressed roms from a fat32 formatted 64 gb sandisk sd card. I didn't get very fancy with the folder organization as found in smokemonster rom packs, just dumped a bunch of games in a "roms" folder inside the "hugo" folder in the root of the card. I briefly played a few of the recommended pinball games, star soldier and a jackie chan game. As I'm not a long time fan of this system I can't speak of timing or sound accuracy. Nor did I attempt to play a cd game.
Of course your mileage may vary but I can say this offering is more functional on my set-up (giant sd card with many, many directories) than many of the current emulator offerings for the cube found on git hub (no offence, like I said my set-up is prob not typical). I can only surmise emu_kidid is doing something to specifically optimize his builds for the gamecube (LTO flag?). I'm no coder so I don't really know but when he compiles stuff as the aforementioned snes (4.3.7; https://github.com/emukidid/snes9xgx/re ... xgx-gc.dol) emulator I experience far fewer crashes. This is not to say the other emulators are rubbish just probably better suited for smaller sd cards with all the roms in one directory as it is less stuff to parse(out of memory failures?). I guess the current resurgence of gamecube compiled executables is more of a courtesy and a bi-product of a more Wii centric focus on emulation. The modern era exceptions to this seem to be emu_kidid's efforts and eke eke's fantastic genesis plus gx. Anyway I'm grateful for all the effort regardless and will probably get a 2gb fat16 sd card soon.
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:56 pm
It's 2019 now :P

I was bored, I've forked the original project on github and have taken the 2008 source + applied the 2013 megalomaniac changes + made it compile with the latest libOGC/devkitPPC here. Please test it out and post what changes you'd like to see and maybe someone will do it now that there's a easily built version of this project.
Thanks for this, emu_kidid. I tested some zipped games, they all went well. I couldn't make CD games run, though. CUE file gives black screen or resets the console, ISO file runs, but the PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 System bios screen says "Load error!" when you press run. It happens on the old release, so i am guessing there's a specific something that needs to be done with CD games.

Building for GC works perfect! I couldn't build for the Wii, Make wii throws me an error right away.

Any chance for a revision of the NeoCD code? I would love to gain WUPC support, but i get this error when compiling your source:
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 am

I'll have a look at neocd-redux at some point soon.

The makefile for hu-go wii is there isn't it (I didn't try it)? Try: make -f Makefile.wii
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:19 am
The makefile for hu-go wii is there isn't it (I didn't try it)? Try: make -f Makefile.wii
Yes, it is present. It throws me this error:
emu_kidid wrote:
I'll have a look at neocd-redux at some point soon.
Very nice news. Thanks for your hard work, emu_kidid
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm

niuus wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm
emu_kidid wrote:
Yes, it is present. It throws me this error:
Change line 100 of that file to `@make --no-print-directory -C $(BUILD) -f $(CURDIR)/Makefile.wii`. There are other obstacles to make it compile though.
niuus

Post by niuus » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am

Streetwalker wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm
Change line 100 of that file to `@make --no-print-directory -C $(BUILD) -f $(CURDIR)/Makefile.wii`. There are other obstacles to make it compile though.
Thank you, Streetwalker! Got it to compile, it booted to a black screen on the Wii, though.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Has anyone managed to finish Shockman and Super Star Soldier with this version?

In the old version, Soldier restarted my GameCube randomly and Shockman in the last boss. This version freezes the games.

I always thought the cause was the modifications I made to ROMs. This year I discovered Mednafen and everything worked perfectly.
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 am

Andross89 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:43 pm
Has anyone managed to finish Shockman and Super Star Soldier with this version?

In the old version, Soldier restarted my GameCube randomly and Shockman in the last boss. This version freezes the games.

I always thought the cause was the modifications I made to ROMs. This year I discovered Mednafen and everything worked perfectly.
Both games work perfect for me in HuGo GX.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 am

niuus wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 am
Both games work perfect for me in HuGo GX.
Thank you. I decided to make the modifications in the version NO INTRO and I was able to finish the games. Dead Moon also had this problem.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:23 am

Has anyone managed to make the ISOs work? Converting to BIN solves the problem but the size generated is not worth it. And I can not modify the game through BIN.
niuus

Post by niuus » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am

Andross89 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:23 am
Has anyone managed to make the ISOs work? Converting to BIN solves the problem but the size generated is not worth it. And I can not modify the game through BIN.
Games do not run for me in ISO nor BIN format, so i really wasn't aware.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:29 am

niuus wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am
BIN is easy. There is a website that the games are on CCD / IMG / SUB. Just mount with Virtual Clone Drive, for example. Then just convert the virtual disk with AnyBurn to BIN / CUE.

It should be easy to mount with other types of images. But I did not have to try it yet.
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am

Andross89 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:29 am
niuus wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am
BIN is easy. There is a website that the games are on CCD / IMG / SUB. Just mount with Virtual Clone Drive, for example. Then just convert the virtual disk with AnyBurn to BIN / CUE.

It should be easy to mount with other types of images. But I did not have to try it yet.
No, you misunderstood me. The CD games won't run for me, it doesn't matter if i use ISO or BIN, convert them from CCD, or use my own rips (which is my preferred method). The PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 System bios screen says "Load error!" when you press run. Trying to start from a CUE gives me a hard crash. Same CUE+BIN work on Mednafen Wii. This made me think that the CD component wasn't working, or needed some configuration (CUE+OGG? CUE+MP3? TOC+BIN?) that isn't clearly documented.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 am

niuus wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am
No, you misunderstood me. The CD games won't run for me, it doesn't matter if i use ISO or BIN, convert them from CCD, or use my own rips (which is my preferred method). The PC Engine Super CD-ROM2 System bios screen says "Load error!" when you press run. Trying to start from a CUE gives me a hard crash. Same CUE+BIN work on Mednafen Wii. This made me think that the CD component wasn't working, or needed some configuration (CUE+OGG? CUE+MP3? TOC+BIN?) that isn't clearly documented.
Very strange ... If we use the same version of emulator should work. Have you tried these programs? AnyBurn may make a difference.

I even managed to start a game by creating a BIN with only ISOs. The problem is that it reboots the GameCube after a while. I think the reason is the ISOs in the wrong position in the file structure.

Never start with the CUE. Only ISO or BIN.

I've never used the Wii Mednafen. But its PC version works perfectly starting with CUE in ISO / OGG or ISO / WAV. But you need Turborip to convert.

You may already know all this but it may be useful to others in the forum.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm

I was able to understand Hu-Go! GX and his limitations. I'll explain how to make a BIN that starts faster, reduced size and without the "Load Error" bug when a second game is started. You need to have these 3 programs: Turborip, Daemon Tool Lite and ImgBurn.

BIN / CUE, CCD / IMG / SUB

Mount the image with the Daemon and then convert to ISO / WAV with Turbrip.

ISO / MP3, ISO / APE, ISO / OGG, ISO / WAV

Delete all files except 02 xxx.iso. Use any file that has 2048 bytes and rename it to 03 XXX.iso. Create the CUE with the two files in ImgBurn. Mount the CUE with the Daemon. Use the mounted image and create the BIN with ImgBurn. It will create the IMG which should be renamed to BIN. Ignore any additional files created.

Four things:

1 - If a game needs ISOs deleted, it will restart GameCube. Of 25 games checked, 5 needed additional ISOs.

2 - The Emulator can not access the other ISOs of the same game. Therefore, Load Error happens and the original BIN restarts the GameCube during the game.

3 - The Emulator has some compatibility issues. Download II, for example, has a bug that prevents it from ending.

4 - These are some games that I was able to finish using my method:

Asuka 120 Maxima Burning Fest
Chou Aniki
Cotton - Fantastic Night Dreams
Crest of Wolf
Denjin Rockabilly Tengoku
Double Dragon II - The Revenge
Gate of Thunder
God Panic - Shijyou Saikyo Gundan
Gradius II - Gofer no Yabou
Legion
Image Fight II
Mystic Formula
Nexzr
Psychic Storm
Rayxanber II
Rayxanber III
Seirei Senshi Spriggan
Star Parody
Sylphia
Tenchi wo Kurau
Last edited by Andross89 on Thu May 06, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:38 am
niuus wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 am
Very strange ... If we use the same version of emulator should work. Have you tried these programs? AnyBurn may make a difference.

I even managed to start a game by creating a BIN with only ISOs. The problem is that it reboots the GameCube after a while. I think the reason is the ISOs in the wrong position in the file structure.

Never start with the CUE. Only ISO or BIN.

I've never used the Wii Mednafen. But its PC version works perfectly starting with CUE in ISO / OGG or ISO / WAV. But you need Turborip to convert.

You may already know all this but it may be useful to others in the forum.
Oh, no prob, i appreciate the help and tips. You never know what little tidbit of info could make things work!
Andross89 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:57 pm
I was able to understand Hu-Go! GX and his limitations. I'll explain how to make a BIN that starts faster, reduced size and without the "Load Error" bug when a second game is started. You need to have these 3 programs: Turborip, Daemon Tool Lite and ImgBurn.

BIN / CUE, CCD / IMG / SUB ...

Mount the image with the Daemon and then convert to ISO / WAV with Turbrip.

ISO / MP3, ISO / APE, ISO / OGG, ISO / WAV ...

Delete all files except 02 xxx.iso and 03 xxx. Rename 03 xxx to 03 xxx.iso and create the CUE with ImgBurn. Mount the CUE with the Daemon. Use the mounted image and create the BIN with ImgBurn. It will create the IMG which should be renamed to BIN. Ignore any additional files created.

Four things:

1 - If a game needs ISOS deleted, it will restart GameCube. Of 25 games checked, 5 needed additional ISOs.

2 - The Emulator can not access the other ISOs of the same game. Therefore, Load Error happens and the original BIN restarts the GameCube during the game.

3 - The Emulator has some compatibility issues. Download II, for example, has a bug that prevents it from ending.

4 - These are some games that I was able to finish using my method:

CD Denjin Rockabilly Tengoku
God Panic - Shijyou Saikyo Gundan
Gradius II - Gofer no Yabou
Image Fight II
Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman III - Ikai no Princess
Nexzr
Psychic Storm
Rayxanber II
Star Parody
Sylphia
Okey, so i'll give it a try tonight, see how it fares.