NeoCD Redux unofficial

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
bearteam

Re: NeoCD Redux unofficial

Postby bearteam » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:20 am

megalomaniac wrote:new version released, please confirm if freezing issues are gone. They seem to be resolved now on my end using SDGecko but i only tested a couple of titles.

bearteam wrote:
Bug 1: I place NeoCD.bin as wkf/bios/NeoCD.bin and games as wkf/neocd/roms/mygames, and the emulator tells no BIOS found. If I copy NeoCD.bin to wkf/neocd/bios/NeoCD.bin and this problem is solved. It seems that the emulator can not find BIOS and games from different dirs via wkf.

Bug 2: I plug SD Gekko into slot A and memory card into slot B, run games from wkf SD slot, the emulator tell me to decide where to save by pressing A to select SD Gekko or pressing B to select memory card. Not matter A or B is pressed, the emulator freezes. But if I plug memory card into slot A and SD Gekko into slot B, pressing A or B would not freeze the emulator and games run OK. So I think memory card inserting to A slot is necessary for emu to run correctly.

@bearteam
bug 1 & 2 should be fixed now

I could not open any games. I placed a game in SD:/neocd/roms/kof97, when I select "Load game from SD", it would not mount the SD correctly. What's wrong?

niuus

Postby niuus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:13 am

bearteam wrote:I could not open any games. I placed a game in SD:/neocd/roms/kof97, when I select "Load game from SD", it would not mount the SD correctly. What's wrong?

Working here, quick test with Samurai Shodown IV and Metal Slug. Maybe check the SD card?

My setup:
- Gamecube Indigo (NTSC)
- SD Media Launcher and adapter.
- 1GB SD card.

wangice

Postby wangice » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 am

wonderful!!!working good,random freezing issues has gone.
test game:metal slug2 / samurai shodown III / Double Dragon / king of fighters 97.
nice work and thank you megalomaniac ~~
My setup:
- Gamecube Indigo (NTSC)
- SD Media Launcher and adapter.
- 4GB SDHC card(Kingston).

niuus

Postby niuus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 am

Hi @megalomaniac, any chance to get your source changes? i checked the github but they don't seem to be there. Thanks in advance

https://github.com/emukidid/neogeo-cd-redux

TheHypebeast

Postby TheHypebeast » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:08 pm

My Setup:
-Gamecube (NTSC)
-Cobra bios 2.1 with SD load plugin (slot A & B)
-SD Gecko with 2GB Sandisk card

I have been able to setup Metal Slug with this emulator, my issue is when trying to setup the mp3 folder. When I rename the .wav files to Track02.mp3 etc. the game does not load, I never get to the start screen.

If I just setup a mp3 folder and leave the .wav files without renaming them, the game loads and plays. I only get sounds like shooting gun, or "machine gun" no background music.

karl_oz

Postby karl_oz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:45 am

You have to CONVERT (not just rename) your .wav files to .mp3
Afterwards make sure, that the newly created mp3s are named like Track02.mp3, Track03.mp3, etc.

TheHypebeast

Postby TheHypebeast » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:45 am

karl_oz wrote:You have to CONVERT (not just rename) your .wav files to .mp3
Afterwards make sure, that the newly created mp3s are named like Track02.mp3, Track03.mp3, etc.

Thanks for your response!! I used a program to convert them over to mp3s and it is working flawlessly now!!

simbin

Postby simbin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Is it possible to manually change the video output resolution in NeoCD? i.e. 320x224p (640x224p)

Return to “GameCube”