NeoCD Redux unofficial

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
bearteam

Re: NeoCD Redux unofficial

Post by bearteam » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:20 am

megalomaniac wrote:new version released, please confirm if freezing issues are gone. They seem to be resolved now on my end using SDGecko but i only tested a couple of titles.

bearteam wrote:
Bug 1: I place NeoCD.bin as wkf/bios/NeoCD.bin and games as wkf/neocd/roms/mygames, and the emulator tells no BIOS found. If I copy NeoCD.bin to wkf/neocd/bios/NeoCD.bin and this problem is solved. It seems that the emulator can not find BIOS and games from different dirs via wkf.

Bug 2: I plug SD Gekko into slot A and memory card into slot B, run games from wkf SD slot, the emulator tell me to decide where to save by pressing A to select SD Gekko or pressing B to select memory card. Not matter A or B is pressed, the emulator freezes. But if I plug memory card into slot A and SD Gekko into slot B, pressing A or B would not freeze the emulator and games run OK. So I think memory card inserting to A slot is necessary for emu to run correctly.
@bearteam
bug 1 & 2 should be fixed now
I could not open any games. I placed a game in SD:/neocd/roms/kof97, when I select "Load game from SD", it would not mount the SD correctly. What's wrong?
niuus

Post by niuus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:13 am

bearteam wrote:I could not open any games. I placed a game in SD:/neocd/roms/kof97, when I select "Load game from SD", it would not mount the SD correctly. What's wrong?
Working here, quick test with Samurai Shodown IV and Metal Slug. Maybe check the SD card?

My setup:
- Gamecube Indigo (NTSC)
- SD Media Launcher and adapter.
- 1GB SD card.
wangice

Post by wangice » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:18 am

wonderful!!!working good,random freezing issues has gone.
test game:metal slug2 / samurai shodown III / Double Dragon / king of fighters 97.
nice work and thank you megalomaniac ~~
My setup:
- Gamecube Indigo (NTSC)
- SD Media Launcher and adapter.
- 4GB SDHC card(Kingston).
niuus

Post by niuus » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:06 am

Hi @megalomaniac, any chance to get your source changes? i checked the github but they don't seem to be there. Thanks in advance

https://github.com/emukidid/neogeo-cd-redux
TheHypebeast

Post by TheHypebeast » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:08 pm

My Setup:
-Gamecube (NTSC)
-Cobra bios 2.1 with SD load plugin (slot A & B)
-SD Gecko with 2GB Sandisk card

I have been able to setup Metal Slug with this emulator, my issue is when trying to setup the mp3 folder. When I rename the .wav files to Track02.mp3 etc. the game does not load, I never get to the start screen.

If I just setup a mp3 folder and leave the .wav files without renaming them, the game loads and plays. I only get sounds like shooting gun, or "machine gun" no background music.
karl_oz

Post by karl_oz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:45 am

You have to CONVERT (not just rename) your .wav files to .mp3
Afterwards make sure, that the newly created mp3s are named like Track02.mp3, Track03.mp3, etc.
TheHypebeast

Post by TheHypebeast » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:45 am

karl_oz wrote:You have to CONVERT (not just rename) your .wav files to .mp3
Afterwards make sure, that the newly created mp3s are named like Track02.mp3, Track03.mp3, etc.
Thanks for your response!! I used a program to convert them over to mp3s and it is working flawlessly now!!
simbin

Post by simbin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Is it possible to manually change the video output resolution in NeoCD? i.e. 320x224p (640x224p)
Waisneed

Post by Waisneed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 pm

I got the same problem with bearteam. NeoCD Redux refuses to recognice any of my SD cards.
I tried two different cards, one formatted with FAT, the other with FAT32. And tried booting with Homebrew Launcher, Homebrew Launcher trough Swiss and with Home Bros. and Swiss.
Using an NTSC GCN with two different SD Geckos.
And with 3 different NTSC Game Cubes in JP and US mode.
Also NeoCD Redux does not recognice any Memorycard formatted to Japanese spec.

Any Ideas?
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Waisneed wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:44 pm
I got the same problem with bearteam. NeoCD Redux refuses to recognice any of my SD cards.
I tried two different cards, one formatted with FAT, the other with FAT32. And tried booting with Homebrew Launcher, Homebrew Launcher trough Swiss and with Home Bros. and Swiss.
Using an NTSC GCN with two different SD Geckos.
And with 3 different NTSC Game Cubes in JP and US mode.
Also NeoCD Redux does not recognice any Memorycard formatted to Japanese spec.

Any Ideas?
Do you happen to be using A3? That build apparently suffers from some weird bug, it will nag you forever about not being able to read the SD card (Please Reinsert Save Device). It will work sporadically, but games do not get past the loading screen, at least in my experience.

I recommend you to use A2.
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 am

My setup:
Pal NGC.; GC Loader; sd2sp2
(I also have a WiSD memory adapter but I can't get it to work in anyway. The description or packaging of the adapter just gives me some random stuff that seems to be very bad translated from Chinese. No info about the required SD cards or how to load from it or how to set it up in the first place. Just Infos about stuff that Swiss can do like región unlocking or playing emulators like snes9ex)
I load Swiss from gc loader and from there on I start the redux.dol. So far so good inside the redux menu (under "A3") i couldn't do anything further. No games no whatsoever. Load from SD doesnt work (as it propably looks for SD in the memory card slot) and DVD is apparently no option either.
Then I tried "A2". This time it asked for the "save.bin" and where to load it from "a: SD or b: mem"
Nothing more happens. The memory card doesn't have *.bin files and the SD card/gecko whatever isn't recognized at all..

With snes9ex and the nes Emu I could at least workaround with the sd2sp2 and load the games from there..

Patching and renaming is already a pain in the butt..
But to struggle with installtation, especially since my gecko (SD card reader with wii logo) isn't recognized..

I can't seem to load games from either "the gecko/ the sd2sp2, or my DVD replacement.
Maybe I am just to stoopid to use the gecko properly..
Ideas/reccomendations

Thx in advance
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 am

Kongokim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 am
My setup:
Pal NGC.; GC Loader; sd2sp2
(I also have a WiSD memory adapter but I can't get it to work in anyway. The description or packaging of the adapter just gives me some random stuff that seems to be very bad translated from Chinese. No info about the required SD cards or how to load from it or how to set it up in the first place. Just Infos about stuff that Swiss can do like región unlocking or playing emulators like snes9ex)
I load Swiss from gc loader and from there on I start the redux.dol. So far so good inside the redux menu (under "A3") i couldn't do anything further. No games no whatsoever. Load from SD doesnt work (as it propably looks for SD in the memory card slot) and DVD is apparently no option either.
Then I tried "A2". This time it asked for the "save.bin" and where to load it from "a: SD or b: mem"
Nothing more happens. The memory card doesn't have *.bin files and the SD card/gecko whatever isn't recognized at all..

With snes9ex and the nes Emu I could at least workaround with the sd2sp2 and load the games from there..

Patching and renaming is already a pain in the butt..
But to struggle with installtation, especially since my gecko (SD card reader with wii logo) isn't recognized..

I can't seem to load games from either "the gecko/ the sd2sp2, or my DVD replacement.
Maybe I am just to stoopid to use the gecko properly..
Ideas/reccomendations

Thx in advance
Some emulators found on this site need to be updated to recognize storage methods such as SD2SP2. I'm pretty sure this is the case.

About the slot B:

The "neocd" folder needs to be at the root of the SD card. The ISO and audio need to be extracted/converted correctly. The audio in MP3.
Last edited by Andross89 on Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Plus you have to check if your WiiSD adapter is working, but normally, you just have to put the card that you have in your SD2SP2 straight into a µ to regular SD card in your WiiSD in slot B, and nothing in the SD2SP2.

I personally have long given up on trying to use emulators that need such complicated files combinations. :roll:
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Extraction and conversion to mp3 (and of course renaming correctly) is long done.. That's why I didn't mention it though I should have for completeness sake so that that can be ruled out. I have also tried with neocd folder and without (just putting the bios and the Rom folders directly into the root directory).
The only possible thing that I haven't tried is: without sd2sp2
(though I have tried with redux files only in the gc loader and with files only in the WiSD-adapter which obviously didn't work).

So the only possible solutions left are that the WiSD isn't working, that my (of course fat32 formatted) 2gb SD-card is crap.
(which I assume because my gc loader doesn't recognize it either) and that redux needs a little overhaul to accept sd2sp2.
Is it that much work? I have not the slightest idea bout coding.
It might be just copying some lines of text or it might be coders hell..

I am not very fond of the card switching mechanism either..
I just want to get as many cool things to work on my cube as possible to finish this project.
Then I will do redux on my wii...
That might work better

Still thx :D
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:48 pm

Kongokim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm
Extraction and conversion to mp3 (and of course renaming correctly) is long done.. That's why I didn't mention it though I should have for completeness sake so that that can be ruled out. I have also tried with neocd folder and without (just putting the bios and the Rom folders directly into the root directory).
The only possible thing that I haven't tried is: without sd2sp2
(though I have tried with redux files only in the gc loader and with files only in the WiSD-adapter which obviously didn't work).

So the only possible solutions left are that the WiSD isn't working, that my (of course fat32 formatted) 2gb SD-card is crap.
(which I assume because my gc loader doesn't recognize it either) and that redux needs a little overhaul to accept sd2sp2.
Is it that much work? I have not the slightest idea bout coding.
It might be just copying some lines of text or it might be coders hell..

I am not very fond of the card switching mechanism either..
I just want to get as many cool things to work on my cube as possible to finish this project.
Then I will do redux on my wii...
That might work better

Still thx :D
I think I have exactly this emulator working. If you put the files correctly, tested other emulators with this SD card and adapter, it should be working.

You can confirm that the BIOS is correct. It needs to be an old and specific version. But I think this issue shouldn't get in the way of viewing the game list.

This emulator is not difficult to work. It's just a matter of respecting simple rules.

You can try to format the SD card with the AOMEI Partition Assistant. It always worked for me.

And updating the emulators is better to leave to the professionals here.

You can try. I already gave up.
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 pm

@Andross89: Would you mind to share the exact folder and file strucure that you use and which version of the emulator ?
And maybe which crc your bios has?
I will try this partition assistant.

And What do you mean you gave up? Trying to get the emulator updated? :D
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:36 pm

On older and long stalled emulators, you may not expect SD2SP2, ExFat, or sometimes even FAT32 or SDHC either or both of those to be supported. Mileage can vary from one emulator to another.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Kongokim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:20 pm
@Andross89: Would you mind to share the exact folder and file strucure that you use and which version of the emulator ?
And maybe which crc your bios has?
I will try this partition assistant.

And What do you mean you gave up? Trying to get the emulator updated? :D
Of course. It's like this:

Root > neocd > bios > neocd.bin
--------------- > roms
--------------- > neocd.dol
--------------- > save.bin

I hope you understand. The BIOS(neocd.bin) CRC32 is DF9DE490.

I have already tried to compile these executables and almost deleted a partition with important data. I really gave up.

But if one day I switch to Linux, I'll try again.
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm

This works for you?
The SD is fat 32?
Which size is your SD?
Your filetree like this?
1:
Root/neocd/bios/neocd.bin
Root/neocd/roms
Root/neocd/save.bin
Root/neocd/neocd.dol

Or 2 :
Root/roms
Root/save.bin
Root/neocd.dol
?
And does it matter whether it's named "neocd.dol", "neocd-redux.dol" or neocd redux.dol"?
You have just neocd?
And which version is your neocd.dol? A2 or A3?
Lots of questions but as we confirmed. This emulator is about the tiniest detail or it won't run...
:D thx for your time :D
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Kongokim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm
This works for you?
The SD is fat 32?
Which size is your SD?
Your filetree like this?
1:
Root/neocd/roms
Root/neocd/save.bin
Root/neocd/neocd.dol

Or 2 :
Root/roms
Root/save.bin
Root/neocd.dol
?
And does it matter whether it's named "neocd.dol", "neocd-redux.dol" or neocd redux.dol"?
You have just neocd?
And which version is your neocd.dol? A2 or A3?
Lots of questions but as we confirmed. This emulator is about the tiniest detail or it won't run...
:D thx for your time :D
I think I played last week. It always worked.

My SD card is 200GB in FAT32.

Root/neocd/roms
Root/neocd/save.bin
Root/neocd/neocd.dol

It makes no difference how you name executables. Unless one executable requires another, of course.

I think I use the latest version of this topic. But you won't waste much time testing others. On this site has few versions of this emulator.
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 pm

It appears as if my WiSD adapter doesn't work so this won't work unless we get an update for the redux.
Nonetheless thx to everybody for dedicating some time and helping me in advance (with my project in the future for the wii)
Kongokim

Post by Kongokim » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 pm

PS.: I know that executables don't care about what they are named because they are what is written inside them and that it only matters if other files (or the code in the executable itself) should use that given name..
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Kongokim wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:19 pm

This emulator is about the tiniest detail or it won't run...
Not correct. All emulators use really simple folder structures, or else you would have game and emulator files spread all over the SD card's root. :D

A dol filename would never affect the functioning of it on the Gamecube.

I had this experience with A3.
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri May 06, 2022 11:26 pm

megalomaniac wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:16 am

NeoCD Redux

Code: Select all

NEO-CD REDUX, a NeoGeo CD/Z emulator for the Nintendo GameCube console. It owes it's existence to several other emulators, but was initially based on Foster's NeoCD/SDL 0.3.1 and NJ's NeoCDZ emulators
Will eventually upload to GitHub after some cleanup and other minor improvements are made....

Code: Select all

06/12/2016: ( Unofficial Version 0.1.52A.3 release by megalomaniac)
-----------
- Random Freezing issues should be fixed  <<< note: "should"
- Partially updated Z80 emulator, update based on Z80 emulator V3.9 (previous version was 3.6) 
- NEW: Automatically create save.bin if not found
     . First Attempt: SDGECKO:/neocd/save.bin
     . Second Attempt: Memory Card
     . save.bin cannot be created on WKF/WASP SD 

Recommend Path:
sd:/neocd/bios/NeoCD.bin
sd:/neocd/save.bin

neocd-redux_v0.1.52A.3.7z
Anyone knows Megalomaniac handle on GitHub? (i've found one under that name, but it's empty). Been wanting to revive this, but does someone know if 0.1.52.A3 source code was released, or is there a copy somewhere on the web? The partial Z80 update, from what i've been briefly testing, made the Neo Geo Memory Card function actually work.
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Sat May 07, 2022 5:31 pm

niuus wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 11:26 pm
...made the Neo Geo Memory Card function actually work.
Is the save function not working? With the exception of Over Top, I think all the games on my list are saving correctly. Remember to press L or R before closing the game.