NeoCD Redux unofficial

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
megalomaniac

Re: NeoCD Redux unofficial

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:44 am

karl_oz wrote:I think, you've got it wrong...

- Pleasure Goal 5-on-5 Street Soccer
- Riding Hero
- Samurai Spirits RPG Bushidō Retsuden
- Savage Reign
- Super Sidekicks 2
- Super Sidekicks 3

are the few games, that DON'T work properly. Except for these six all the other games on the untested list run fine!

how about now??
also, what was the issue with Samurai Spirits RPG??
i got it working on my side...maybe i didnt completely test up to a certain part ??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
karl_oz

Post by karl_oz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:39 am

Yupp, 'Samurai Spirits RPG' looks like it's running fine at first. BUT all the ingame text is missing - seems to be overlain by other graphic elements...

Concerning the list, keep that in mind:
karl_oz wrote:I've tested all the remaining games from the compatibility list, except for "Last Hope", because I don't have it.
Oh, and I wasn't able to fully test "Stakes Winner", because it comes up with something about "RAM" usage right at the beginning, that I wasn't able to read since it's in Japanese...
piratesephiroth

Post by piratesephiroth » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Seriously... do you really care about that Samurai RPG game? I think it should be called "Loading Screen RPG" instead.

I remember watching a friend of mine playing it back in the day... it was so awful...
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:29 pm

It's actually seems fast on gamecube...
I can't read Japanese so I can't really test but it seems like it works
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
karl_oz

Post by karl_oz » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:58 pm

megalomaniac wrote:It's actually seems fast on gamecube...
But you actually see ingame text? Can you confirm that?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 am

karl_oz wrote:
megalomaniac wrote:It's actually seems fast on gamecube...
But you actually see ingame text? Can you confirm that?

i will look on youtube or something to find a basis on comparison...then i will try again

Image Image Image
santibb

Post by santibb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi, I'm New Here

Great job megalomaniac. I tried the emulator on my gamecube and it's great. I have a wii with sd reader broken. This has a usb hdd connected and it has two partitions, one fat32 and wbfs another.

When loading the Homebrew Channel emuladador and tells me can not find the bios.
You could make your next version that recognizes the bios and the roms from usb.

Thanks for your work and sorry for my bad English.

regards
roachie

Post by roachie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:16 am

Great emulator, thanks! Would it be possible to include an option to remove the video filtering, as games would look better on a CRT?
sindrik

Post by sindrik » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:16 am

santibb wrote:Great job megalomaniac. I tried the emulator on my gamecube and it's great. I have a wii with sd reader broken. This has a usb hdd connected and it has two partitions, one fat32 and wbfs another.

When loading the Homebrew Channel emuladador and tells me can not find the bios.
You could make your next version that recognizes the bios and the roms from usb.
roachie wrote:Great emulator, thanks! Would it be possible to include an option to remove the video filtering, as games would look better on a CRT?
I hope this happens, this is definitely a great emu revival for GCN. Thanks for your hard work, BTW.
bearteam

Post by bearteam » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:47 pm

[quote="megalomaniac"]
Sorry for late reporting 2 small bugs I found today.

Bug 1: I place NeoCD.bin as wkf/bios/NeoCD.bin and games as wkf/neocd/roms/mygames, and the emulator tells no BIOS found. If I copy NeoCD.bin to wkf/neocd/bios/NeoCD.bin and this problem is solved. It seems that the emulator can not find BIOS and games from different dirs via wkf.

Bug 2: I plug SD Gekko into slot A and memory card into slot B, run games from wkf SD slot, the emulator tell me to decide where to save by pressing A to select SD Gekko or pressing B to select memory card. Not matter A or B is pressed, the emulator freezes. But if I plug memory card into slot A and SD Gekko into slot B, pressing A or B would not freeze the emulator and games run OK. So I think memory card inserting to A slot is necessary for emu to run correctly.

And for the last, megalomaniac, can you add 240p output for this emulator? I think many CRT users would like to see it happening.
karl_oz

Post by karl_oz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Great news!
Some months(?) ago several MVS games have been successfully hacked to run on the Neo Geo CD, which adds a total of 19 new, original Neo Geo games to the NGCD library. A quick observation concerning their compatibility with this emulator:

[list]- Andro Dunos [seems to run fine]
- Bang Bang Busters [seems to run fine]
- Eight Man [seems to run fine]
- Ghostlop [graphic glitches: missing texts]
- Gururin [seems to run fine]
- King Of The Monsters 1 [seems to run fine]
- Magical Drop 3 [graphic/audio glitches]
- Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki [seems to run fine]
- Mahjong Minnasano Okagesamadesu [seems to run fine]
- Money Puzzle Exchanger [seems to run fine]
- Neo Mr. Do! [seems to run fine]
- Nightmare In The Dark [missing music]
- Panic Bomber [seems to run fine]
- Pochi & Nyaa [missing music/sfx]
- Pop 'n Bounce [seems to run fine]
- Puzzle De Pon! [make sure to grab the ISO called "Puzzle De Pon - V4", since the bundle with "Puzzle De Pon! R" doesn't work]
- Quiz Meitantei Neo Geo [seems to run fine]
- Zed Blade [graphic/audio glitches]
- Zupapa! [seems to run fine][/list]

In order to save space on your SD cards, make sure to delete the dummy files ("DUMMY.DAT") that are included within some of these ISOs.
sindrik

Post by sindrik » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 am

karl_oz wrote:Great news!
Some months(?) ago several MVS games have been successfully hacked to run on the Neo Geo CD, which adds a total of 19 new, original Neo Geo games to the NGCD library. A quick observation concerning their compatibility with this emulator:

[list]- Andro Dunos [seems to run fine]
- Bang Bang Busters [seems to run fine]
- Eight Man [seems to run fine]
- Ghostlop [graphic glitches: missing texts]
- Gururin [seems to run fine]
- King Of The Monsters 1 [seems to run fine]
- Magical Drop 3 [graphic/audio glitches]
- Mahjong Bakatonosama Manyuki [seems to run fine]
- Mahjong Minnasano Okagesamadesu [seems to run fine]
- Money Puzzle Exchanger [seems to run fine]
- Neo Mr. Do! [seems to run fine]
- Nightmare In The Dark [missing music]
- Panic Bomber [seems to run fine]
- Pochi & Nyaa [missing music/sfx]
- Pop 'n Bounce [seems to run fine]
- Puzzle De Pon! [make sure to grab the ISO called "Puzzle De Pon - V4", since the bundle with "Puzzle De Pon! R" doesn't work]
- Quiz Meitantei Neo Geo [seems to run fine]
- Zed Blade [graphic/audio glitches]
- Zupapa! [seems to run fine][/list]

In order to save space on your SD cards, make sure to delete the dummy files ("DUMMY.DAT") that are included within some of these ISOs.
Nice! Thx for the heads up, i hope this emu gets 240p sometime
karl_oz

Post by karl_oz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 am

I've managed to get "Puzzle De Pon! R" working as well.
Here's what to do:

1. Get the ISO called "Puzzle De Pon & Puzzle De Pon R"
2. Extract it
3. Delete "MENU.PRG" and "MENU.SPR"
4. Open "IPL.TXT" with a text editor
5. Replace the first two lines with this:

Code: Select all

P2P2.FIX,0,0
P2P.Z80,0,0
P2P.PCM,0,0
P2P.SPR,0,0
P2P2.PRG,0,0
6. Save "IPL.TXT"
7. All done
niuus

Post by niuus » Fri May 20, 2016 2:06 am

Any chance someone has a zipped copy of the source for this version from Megalomaniac? Google Code is pretty much dead now.
Last edited by niuus on Fri May 20, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri May 20, 2016 2:25 am

niuus

Post by niuus » Fri May 20, 2016 2:26 am

You rock, Extrems. Thanks.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:01 pm

new version released, please confirm if freezing issues are gone. They seem to be resolved now on my end using SDGecko but i only tested a couple of titles.

bearteam wrote:
Bug 1: I place NeoCD.bin as wkf/bios/NeoCD.bin and games as wkf/neocd/roms/mygames, and the emulator tells no BIOS found. If I copy NeoCD.bin to wkf/neocd/bios/NeoCD.bin and this problem is solved. It seems that the emulator can not find BIOS and games from different dirs via wkf.

Bug 2: I plug SD Gekko into slot A and memory card into slot B, run games from wkf SD slot, the emulator tell me to decide where to save by pressing A to select SD Gekko or pressing B to select memory card. Not matter A or B is pressed, the emulator freezes. But if I plug memory card into slot A and SD Gekko into slot B, pressing A or B would not freeze the emulator and games run OK. So I think memory card inserting to A slot is necessary for emu to run correctly.
@bearteam
bug 1 & 2 should be fixed now

Image Image Image
niuus

Post by niuus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:29 am

megalomaniac wrote:new version released, please confirm if freezing issues are gone. They seem to be resolved now on my end using SDGecko but i only tested a couple of titles.

bearteam wrote:

@bearteam
EDIT: new release is missing the Wii build.
Last edited by niuus on Sat May 14, 2022 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:48 pm

libwupc is deprecated, libogc supports wiiu pro controllers.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:53 am

@niuus
this release is specifically for GC performance testing due to previous reports of slowdowns...

Image Image Image
niuus

Post by niuus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:56 am

tueidj wrote:libwupc is deprecated, libogc supports wiiu pro controllers.
Much better then. As long as it works with the Wii U Pro Controller too it's great for Wii/Wii U users, since Classic Controller support is very broken (only the left stick works), and you are currently limited to the GCN pad and Wiimote controllers.
megalomaniac wrote:@niuus
this release is specifically for GC performance testing due to previous reports of slowdowns...
It's okay, hopefully another version will be on the way. Thanks.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:26 am

niuus wrote:Much better then. As long as it works with the Wii U Pro Controller too it's great for Wii/Wii U users, since Classic Controller support is very broken (only the left stick works), and you are currently limited to the GCN pad and Wiimote controllers.
A wiiu pro probably wouldn't work any better then since they are treated as a revision of the classic controller. Broken code should be fixed instead of trying to add new stuff to work around it.
bearteam

Post by bearteam » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:41 am

megalomaniac wrote:new version released, please confirm if freezing issues are gone. They seem to be resolved now on my end using SDGecko but i only tested a couple of titles.

bearteam wrote:

@bearteam
Thanks for your work, buddy, I will try it at the weekend.
niuus

Post by niuus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 am

tueidj wrote:
niuus wrote:Much better then. As long as it works with the Wii U Pro Controller too it's great for Wii/Wii U users, since Classic Controller support is very broken (only the left stick works), and you are currently limited to the GCN pad and Wiimote controllers.
A wiiu pro probably wouldn't work any better then since they are treated as a revision of the classic controller. Broken code should be fixed instead of trying to add new stuff to work around it.
That's why i mentioned the CC bug. I'm not in a hurry so, whenever that happens 8-)
patters

Post by patters » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Fired up my GC for the first time in years and had a look round here for updates. Thanks for updating this emulator Megalomanic. Really great now I don't have to swap the SD to Slot A. :)