Hugo GX

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Hugo GX

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:03 am

Hugo GX
Author: eke-eke
(taken from http://code.google.com/p/hugo-gx/)

This is a port of Hugo, a PC Engine/TG16 emulator originally created by Zeograd, running on the Gamecube and Wii using libogc development library.

Features

* Completely Re-Written Sound Engine
* 16-bit Stereo 32Khz Sound
* Load ROMS up to 2.5Mb
* Battery RAM (WRAM) support (save & load)
* DVD ROM Loading (GC version only, up to 4.7GB support for Wii users)
* SDCARD ROM Loading (with subdirectory support)
* Zipped Roms Support (Single ROM per archive)
* ISO/BIN support (no sound)
* Save & Load WRAM files to/from Memory Card & SDCARD
* Horizontal Resolutions up to 320
* Wiimote/Nunchuk/Classic controller support (Wii only)

Web site:
http://code.google.com/p/hugo-gx/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/hugo-gx/downloads/list

Mirror:
hugogx-081214.7z
(310.12 KiB) Downloaded 706 times
pereztroika

Re: Hugo GX

Post by pereztroika » Thu May 20, 2010 6:51 am

Recompiled with SDHC support

HugoGX 2.12 081214 http://www.multiupload.com/WM9BEM004V
The Gamecube Is Not Dead, Its Just Sleeping
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 pm

i have tired using this on my GC, i can't seem to get it to load games from SD card?
how can i do it?
also, is there any way to load castlevania rondo of blood?
infact

Post by infact » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:29 am

The problem might be related to your sdhc card. the latest release of this emu is from 2010 and i think there was no support of sdhc cards in libogc back then. we could just recompile with latest libogc (and fix the opendir->diropen etc. crap) to make it work then.
infact
Image Image
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

infact wrote:The problem might be related to your sdhc card. the latest release of this emu is from 2010 and i think there was no support of sdhc cards in libogc back then. we could just recompile with latest libogc (and fix the opendir->diropen etc. crap) to make it work then.
Yeah, that's a great suggestion, infact :)
it would make the Hugo GX playable on the gc and working for SDHC :)

i can't wait to try it out when you or who ever recompiles the new rev with the fixed Opendir etc stuff
i'll be happy make a demo video of me trying out the new and improved rev of the Hugo GC playing Castlevania Rondo of blood :)

thanx SO much for the great Suggestion :)
julius

Post by julius » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:10 pm

About Castlevania Rondo of Blood, I´m afraid this emulator does not support super cd games yet.
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:27 pm

julius wrote:About Castlevania Rondo of Blood, I´m afraid this emulator does not support super cd games yet.
julius, i agree with you, the emu isn't that terrific now, BUT.

i'll say it again if i wasn't clear the first time:

like intact mentioned before, the emu's support was made in 2010, back then there was NO SDHC support only DVD.

through you CAN if you want to use GC bootable homebrew program to take your Tubrogx game with this emu.dol file and
create a bootable .iso file to be able to boot your TGX game via DVD, if you want to do so.

but, for SDHX cards, someone brave engouh and really good at compelling etc and fixing the no sd loading problem can managed to do this and create a new stable recompiled Libgc ver with SDHC support that would be SO awesome indeed :)
pereztroika wrote:Recompiled with SDHC support

HugoGX 2.12 081214 http://www.multiupload.com/WM9BEM004V
nice, thanx for this, but links are down
can you reupload this, please?

glad to see a ver that supports SDHC cards :)
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 am

since it seems impossible to successfully recompile hugo at this point in time for sdhc support, what about alternatives?
my wkf/wode are offline at the moment so i have no way to try it out, but hugo did offer DVD loading/reading support...

could a possible alternative be to build the emu and all roms as an iso and load the iso onto a wbfs formatted media?
i understand this only limits the possibility to those with wkf/wode, but at the same time we must adapt and move on to work with whats available to us...

edit: a full romset is 78mb, whats the big deal?
dedicate a 2gb card to NES, SMS, Genesis, Coleco, TGFX, NeoGeo, and should be well under 2GB....and just use a sdhc card with those emulators which support sdhc...
problem solved....
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am

megalomaniac wrote:since it seems impossible to successfully recompile hugo at this point in time for sdhc support, what about alternatives?
my wkf/wode are offline at the moment so i have no way to try it out, but hugo did offer DVD loading/reading support...

could a possible alternative be to build the emu and all roms as an iso and load the iso onto a wbfs formatted media?
i understand this only limits the possibility to those with wkf/wode, but at the same time we must adapt and move on to work with whats available to us...

edit: a full romset is 78mb, whats the big deal?
dedicate a 2gb card to NES, SMS, Genesis, Coleco, TGFX, NeoGeo, and should be well under 2GB....and just use a sdhc card with those emulators which support sdhc...
problem solved....
awesome alternative, megalomaniac :)
i have a SD 2gb card to test this theory out, but how do i create the hugo gc iso? what program do i use to do this?

and when you mean full romset, do you mean the entire Turbographx games? the .pce ones not Super CD ones like castlevania: rondo of blood for example?

also can i put in the .iso i make castlevania: rondo of blood and it'll work?

also do i include i the iso the bios of the super CD?
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:57 am

megalomaniac wrote:since it seems impossible to successfully recompile hugo at this point in time for sdhc support, what about alternatives?
change of plans...can i get a few confirmations of successful sdhc support?
this is a temp release.... so please discard the dol to avoid future confusion
if everything works as expected i will make a few more updates and release a newer version..

edit: file deleted
Last edited by megalomaniac on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 pm

anyone??

Image Image Image
siphoned

Post by siphoned » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

Works great. Tested on 32GB SDHC and it loads games from SD card with no problem. Changing games multiple times is fine too. All good! Loaded dol with latest megaloader (iso disc) on a xeno cube.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:19 am

siphoned wrote:Works great. Tested on 32GB SDHC and it loads games from SD card with no problem. Changing games multiple times is fine too. All good! Loaded dol with latest megaloader (iso disc) on a xeno cube.
thanks for verification...
ill release a new version with additional changes..

Image Image Image
Gamerlolwind

Post by Gamerlolwind » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

siphoned wrote:Works great. Tested on 32GB SDHC and it loads games from SD card with no problem. Changing games multiple times is fine too. All good! Loaded dol with latest megaloader (iso disc) on a xeno cube.
oh, nice :) glad it works fine on an 32GB card, i'll test it out soon. i would have been first to test it, but i didn't. well i'lll be sec on or third then. but im glad it works on SDHC now.
megalomaniac wrote:
change of plans...can i get a few confirmations of successful sdhc support?
this is a temp release.... so please discard the dol to avoid future confusion
if everything works as expected i will make a few more updates and release a newer version..

edit: file deleted
thanxs so much for the updated Hugo gx for GC with SDHC support :) it wouldn't have been possible without your help.

i'll test your temp file you put up some days ago and post my results here (portably do a video on it).
LexxB3K

Post by LexxB3K » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:54 pm

hello

please give me Hugo GX for GameCube: "Recompiled with SDHC support" link above does not work

thanks
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 am

LexxB3K wrote:hello

please give me Hugo GX for GameCube: "Recompiled with SDHC support" link above does not work

thanks
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1208

Image Image Image
MarioMania

Post by MarioMania » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:57 am

Last time I tried Hugo GX was last weekend

Street Fighter 2 CE played slow, the sound was off and No 6 Button support
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:29 am

6 button support is written to the unofficial version, but the newest version with this type of support has not been released yet...

Image Image Image