Enhanced mGBA

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
Papy.G

Re: Enhanced mGBA

Post by Papy.G » Tue May 07, 2019 11:57 am

Very nice emulator, and it is smart enough to support the same save file behavior as Lameboy, so I can use my SD at home on the cube, and take it on the go with my DS, if only GoombaColor (integrated in the Supercard) would be as smart!
Still have to check if seamless saving can be achieved with GBA games on the SuperCard. (Would be nice if someone can test it with GB/GBA everdrives too)

I've read multi-player cannot be achieved with GBA core, for whatever reason. But what about the GB/GBC core, I'm convinced the GC can handle four at the same time, so can't we have a GBC emulator running four-player carts with link-emulation on one cube?
Overclocked DMG
AGB/supercard miniSD
DS Fat/NeoMK3 2006 512Mb
DS Lite/flashme V8noautostealth/Supercard miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GBP/WiiSD+Gamexploit
RVL 001/RGB/CMP/WiiSD
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Andross89 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm
The Windows version has the lockAspectRatio = 0...
I think this function only removes the black bars in GBA mode at Full. The Strech mode would not be necessary.

I also think that Game Boy games are running in Super Game Boy mode. You could implement the options to choose from modes. How to start Super Game Boy games in Game Boy mode. Thanks.
TheDimensioner

Post by TheDimensioner » Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 pm

Hey Extrems! I caught the new release (May 26th) on a Brazilian website dedicated to Wii stuff, and I am glad this is being updated! But I also found some issues here. The top portion of the screen makes some sprites weird on some games. I was able to take a few pics of Super Mario Advance 2 using my phone, so you can see what I mean:
Spoiler
Show
It really depends on the graphic being displayed actually, but once a sprite gets up on those top lines, it gets screwed:
Spoiler
Show
Megaman Zero is another game where it's easy to spot the issue, but it was harder to take pics of it, so I didn't XD. The previous version, from April, didn't have this problem, though. Have you updated the core with the latest mGBA release? I'll try that out later, too (but I still prefer Enhanced mGBA XD).

---
Andross89 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm
TheDimensioner, brasileiro aqui também.
Desculpe a resposta tardia, geralmente recebo um e-mail quando tem alguma atualização por aqui, mas dessa vez não foi XD. Mas bom saber que tem mais BR por aqui também XD!
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue May 28, 2019 10:11 pm

It is updated with the core from the May 26th development build.
TheDimensioner

Post by TheDimensioner » Tue May 28, 2019 10:27 pm

Hm, then I'll test their release, and if it has the same issue, I'll direct the problem on their forum XD.

EDIT: I ended up not testing the main mGBA branch 'cause I got too hooked on Metroid - Zero Mission, that at least had no issues whatsoever XD. But I just confirmed that the latest release of EmGBA (June 3rd 2019) fixed the sprite issues. Thanks!
Andross89

Post by Andross89 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Even disabling the Super Game Boy function, games are not yet using the border space. In this case, could you enable the border of the Game Boy Color? Some games like Pokemon Trading Card and Link's Awakening DX have this function. Thank you.