Enhanced mGBA

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
ShadowOne333

Re: Enhanced mGBA

Post by ShadowOne333 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:05 pm

@Extrems:
Have you thought about lending endrift a hand with some features?
I know some of the features you've been implementing are in the To-Do list for the next betas, and surely a GitHub pull request with some of those features might help the main mGBA build.
nakata

Post by nakata » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Extrems wrote:
  • Added autoloading.
For Wii port:
  • Added GUI cursor support.
  • Added tilt sensor support.
  • Added video rotation with motion sensor.
Nice!!
I just tried latest version of eMGBA and it rocks.

I like the fact that when you point at the screen you can control a GBA game with the dpad and wiimote A and B buttons. Makes one handed RPG playthroughs possible, handy (pun intended) for Golden Sun etc.
Also like the on the fly screen resizing with the 2 button.

Two questions:
- Do you plan to include .zip support Not64 style, in the future? (wii version and for up to 16MB roms)
- Is there a way for the filebrowser to be faster for those of us with large romsets (i.e. less time taken at the "scanning items" and "scanning XX of ##" when opening the rom folder)?

Once again thanks for making a great emu even better, great job!
anttt

Post by anttt » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:42 am

Very impressive stuff. All the games with a chuggy performance on VBA are perfectly fine in mGBA.
I can't wait for custom controls, though. As a handicapped person with only one hand, I'd be great to move the R and L to different buttons to make Drill Dozer a lot more entertaining for me.

edit: The tilt is working in the menu but not in-game. Am I doing something wrong in Twisted!?
SuperrSonic

Post by SuperrSonic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:23 am

Love being able to customize the pointer, but when I tried to customize overlays I noticed they are darkened but show correctly on TV, and when I made my own overlay it showed up really bright, how do I fix them to look like the provided borders?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:39 am

anttt wrote:The tilt is working in the menu but not in-game. Am I doing something wrong in Twisted!?
WarioWare: Twisted! is a gyro sensor, which is currently broken in mGBA on big endian platforms.
SuperrSonic wrote:Love being able to customize the pointer, but when I tried to customize overlays I noticed they are darkened but show correctly on TV, and when I made my own overlay it showed up really bright, how do I fix them to look like the provided borders?
For Photoshop:
  • Edit > Convert to Profile...
  • Profile: Custom RGB...
  • Gamma: 1.00
  • Save As TIFF
SuperrSonic

Post by SuperrSonic » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 am

Thanks, considering I need to use TIFF what TPL program should I be using? None of the tools I've tried support TIFF.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:49 am

I used gxtexconv from devkitPPC, maybe it's a bit picky.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:24 pm

I don't know the limitations of the software, but connection and interfce to an actual GBA through the GC to GBA adapter possible?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm

It'll happen at the same time as Game Boy Interface.
Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:13 am

awesome
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I also see that MK Deadly Alliance & Konami Crazy Racers work correctly now, thanks :)

Oh and 2 questions:
- Any plans to include .zip support - Not64 style - in the future (referring to wii version and for up to 16MB roms) ?
- Is there a way for the filebrowser to be faster, for large romsets (i.e. less time taken at the "scanning items" and "scanning XX of ##" when opening the rom folder)?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:54 pm

nakata wrote:Any plans to include .zip support - Not64 style - in the future (referring to wii version and for up to 16MB roms) ?
Why couldn't GameCube have it? Why only up to 16 MB?
nakata wrote:Is there a way for the filebrowser to be faster, for large romsets (i.e. less time taken at the "scanning items" and "scanning XX of ##" when opening the rom folder)?
It's so slow because it opens every single file to see if it is a GBA ROM. Kind of overkill.
rafaelhelano

Post by rafaelhelano » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Sorry if it could be a dumb request, but I think could be nice a multiplayer support, with only one screen, to play games like mortal kombat or King of fighters, Or beat'em up with one problem, just the player one could see the energy bar. Good job on the emulator I am thankful to play Castlevania without any slowdowns.

*Sorry still learning english.
nakata

Post by nakata » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Extrems wrote:
nakata wrote:Any plans to include .zip support - Not64 style - in the future (referring to wii version and for up to 16MB roms) ?
Why couldn't GameCube have it? Why only up to 16 MB?
:oops: Well, to be frank, i said till 16MB cause i do not know if Wii's RAM size can handle zipped 32MB roms. If it can that's great! Same reason i only said Wii and not GC (which has even less RAM, but again, if it can support zipped roms, that's great as well)

Extrems wrote:
nakata wrote:Is there a way for the filebrowser to be faster, for large romsets (i.e. less time taken at the "scanning items" and "scanning XX of ##" when opening the rom folder)?
It's so slow because it opens every single file to see if it is a GBA ROM. Kind of overkill.
Oh, thought so. Yeah it is overkill... Could it be changed eventually? For example the Retroarch mGBA core has the typical super-fast filebrowsing that all other Wii emus do, so i guess it'a got to do with the standalone core's filebrowser "thingie"/algorithm/whatsitcalled (i am sure you are amazed by my tech-speak, hehe).

Again, thanks for the update!
sindrik

Post by sindrik » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:50 am

Extrems wrote:
  • Added autoloading.
For Wii port:
  • Added GUI cursor support.
  • Added tilt sensor support.
  • Added video rotation with motion sensor.
Thanks extrems. Are the borders supported on Wii? I got the folder on the root of SD but nothing appears
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:16 am

frame.tpl.gz goes in /mGBA instead of /GBI.
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:31 am

nakata wrote: :oops: Well, to be frank, i said till 16MB cause i do not know if Wii's RAM size can handle zipped 32MB roms. If it can that's great! Same reason i only said Wii and not GC (which has even less RAM, but again, if it can support zipped roms, that's great as well)
The Wii has 64MB ram, it can fit any GBA rom.
nakata

Post by nakata » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
nakata wrote: :oops: Well, to be frank, i said till 16MB cause i do not know if Wii's RAM size can handle zipped 32MB roms. If it can that's great! Same reason i only said Wii and not GC (which has even less RAM, but again, if it can support zipped roms, that's great as well)
The Wii has 64MB ram, it can fit any GBA rom.
IIRC it is not unified though, is it? I remember 32MB N64 roms needing virtual ram from nand for not64.
tueidj

Post by tueidj » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:33 pm

It has 24MB + 64MB(with around 56 of it usable), it doesn't really matter that it's not physically contiguous since the MMU can be used to make it appear so anyway.
ngs428

Post by ngs428 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:04 am

I am using the latest build 11-25-15. I do not have any audio. Same game on vbagx has sound.

Edit: Fixed. I did not copy all the necessary files to the SD card.
nakata

Post by nakata » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Just tested latest 10/12 build. Filebrowser seems a bit faster, i like the border as well. Keep up the great work man :)
ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:24 pm

nakata wrote:Just tested latest 10/12 build. Filebrowser seems a bit faster, i like the border as well. Keep up the great work man :)
Can you post a pic? :P
nakata

Post by nakata » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:40 pm

SuperrSonic

Post by SuperrSonic » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:06 am

Wanted to share my pointer texture, it's ripped from a delisted wiiware title. There is also the overlays I use, see readme for descriptions.
LINK
DTK.21

Post by DTK.21 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:04 am

Actually just tried the enhanced mgba out it's good and all only downside was X button was for menu and Y button was for screen but other than that seems pretty same, it would be awesome for button mapping, filtering, and zip file support