SMS Plus GX

Discuss emulation on the Gamecube here
emu_kidid
Site Admin

SMS Plus GX

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 am

SMS Plus GX
Author: eke-eke
(taken from http://code.google.com/p/smsplus-gx/)

This is a port of SMS Plus, an open-source & portable Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator originally developed by Charles MacDonald, now running on the Gamecube and Wii through libogc & devkitpro.

Please note that the original code has been slightly modifed to improve game compatibility, emulation accuracy as well as adding support for extra peripherals. SMS Plus now also supports SG-1000 and Colecovision games !

If you want to port SMS Plus to another platform, be sure to check the updated core on SVN and give me some feedback.

Read the included user manual for additional informations.

For optimal experience, I'd recommend using these Genesis/SMS adapters made by Raphnet technologies.

If you like this project and would like to support it, you may donate via Paypal. All founds donated will be used to help further development by purchasing equipments such as additional controllers, debugging tools,...

Web site:
http://code.google.com/p/smsplus-gx/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/smsplus-gx/downloads/list

Mirror:
smsplusgx-081214.7z
(567.11 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
kevstah2004

Re: SMS Plus GX

Post by kevstah2004 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 am

How hard would it be to add a option to manually set the the rgb levels? I've tried all the options and they all appear too dark when compared to my real sms II maybe that's because off the crappy rf cable it used but imo a few shades lighter would reflect the real hardware better atm i'm using a official rgb scart cable with my ngc and the grays appear almost black.

Render: Interlaced
Palette: Normal
NTSC Filter: Off
and the bilinear filter on looks the most like the real hardware but it's all blured, without the bilinear filter on and render set to interlaced it has worse jaggers than the real hardware though :(, the interlaced option also seems to make it appear a few shades lighter closer to what it should be.
Cubelover

Post by Cubelover » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

I have compiled the latest revision of SMSPlus GX (r58).
*removed*
RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:45 pm

kevstah2004 wrote:How hard would it be to add a option to manually set the the rgb levels? I've tried all the options and they all appear too dark when compared to my real sms II maybe that's because off the crappy rf cable it used but imo a few shades lighter would reflect the real hardware better atm i'm using a official rgb scart cable with my ngc and the grays appear almost black.

Render: Interlaced
Palette: Normal
NTSC Filter: Off
and the bilinear filter on looks the most like the real hardware but it's all blured, without the bilinear filter on and render set to interlaced it has worse jaggers than the real hardware though :(, the interlaced option also seems to make it appear a few shades lighter closer to what it should be.
The real hardware would look less "jaggy" because of the poor quality RF output. Your GC/Wii will look a hundred times sharper, even through composite on an LCD. If you tried this on a GC through RF on an old CRT TV without any filters it'd look very close but still a bit better than the real thing.
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:13 am

I know but the bilinear filter makes it look like your looking through a rain drop it's awful the filter in Fusion is how it should be.
pereztroika

Post by pereztroika » Thu May 20, 2010 6:52 am

Recompiled with SDHC support

SMSPlusGX 1.3 081214 http://www.multiupload.com/48NQI51UQX
The Gamecube Is Not Dead, Its Just Sleeping
kevstah2004

Post by kevstah2004 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:56 pm

For some reason I can't get the soft reset button to work, that I set it to in the config instead it's always assigned to LT+RT :?
Does the return to loader work if you used sdload to load the dol via a umodded gamecube? if not could the gamecube version instead be told to load sdload from the root of a sdcard in slot a or b?