Running out of space!

Discuss emulation on the Wii here

How much space do you have (left) on your SD card?

512 MB or less
33%
2 GB or less
No votes
4 GB
No votes
8 GB
No votes
16 GB
No votes
32 GB or more
No votes
I prefer a USB device.
33%
I'm good on space on my current SD card!
No votes
I'm good on space on my current USB device!
33%
I'm totally out of space!
No votes

Total votes: 3
JCT400THz

Running out of space!

Post by JCT400THz » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:56 pm

I'm running low on space on my 4 GB SD card! I don't have a USB HDD but I don't think i'll be getting one anytime soon... I only have about 100 MB of space left on the card (I think N64 roms are too big. CBFD = 64 MB) and I was wondering if anything (besides deleting valuable apps on the card) might conserve space.

Actual Size of SD Card: 3.67 GB

N64 Rom collection: Approx 700-1000 MB

SNES Rom collection: Approx 200-300 MB

GB/GBC/GBA collection: Approx 300-500 MB

Genesis Collection: Used to be approx 1.3 GB, now 50-100 MB (I had to take "Sonic CD" and "Earthworm Jim - Special Edition" out)

NES Collection: Approx 200-300 MB (That is saying the entire collection of NES games I have are all 7z files)

Media (Videos, Images, Audio, etc.) Collection: approx 1.5-1.7 GB

Apps Collection (all of my homebrew): approx 400-600 MB

Would that help at all?

I also have probably 250 MB worth of WiiWare on my NAND, considering I can't actually measure the size of the NAND right off the bat.

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Running out of space!

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 am

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, the forum is running out of space for polls.

Buy another card if you're low or clear some stuff.
carnage

Post by carnage » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 am

lol out of space... like every normal human does if your out of space you either delete stuff or get a new sd card/usb device, we cant just extend your sd card.

Buy a cheap flashdrive, heck you can buy a 16gb flashdrive under 10 euros here.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:46 pm

That's totally reasonable.. maybe I should save up an allowance so that I can buy a new flash drive. I am still young, after all.. Maybe I could get a 16 GB or something, that would help a lot! I have a 4... at least it's better than a 2 GB. That's what I used to have.

I also figured that I could just move some WiiWare apps to the SD card... would moving WiiWare games that you installed from a WAD file work? like say Tetris Party (NTSC)... couldn't I just move that to the SD Card? I don't want to mess up my Wii more than it already is, so I probably should ask you guys.

carnage

Post by carnage » Fri May 01, 2015 12:26 pm

JCT400THz wrote:That's totally reasonable.. maybe I should save up an allowance so that I can buy a new flash drive. I am still young, after all.. Maybe I could get a 16 GB or something, that would help a lot! I have a 4... at least it's better than a 2 GB. That's what I used to have.

I also figured that I could just move some WiiWare apps to the SD card... would moving WiiWare games that you installed from a WAD file work? like say Tetris Party (NTSC)... couldn't I just move that to the SD Card? I don't want to mess up my Wii more than it already is, so I probably should ask you guys.
if you installed the wad on the console and you see a channel there then you can delete the wads from the SD/usb becuase they are installed in the console memory and you dont need them anymore, but if you are using some virtual nand thing then thats another story.
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Fri May 01, 2015 2:43 pm

I don't even think I have enough space for EmuNAND.