New GBA emulator for Wii is out.

Discuss emulation on the Wii here
DTK.21

New GBA emulator for Wii is out.

Post by DTK.21 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:32 pm

So like the Subject states this gba emulator(mGBA) has been out for 3ds, wii, and Vita and the performance is pretty pleasing. Only downside is because it has only been around for what i know a couple of weeks(or months) it doesn't have an all flashy menu interface like VBAGX and can't load through .zip and only gba, but the performance is worth it and can use the same .sav files that vbagx makes(just remove "AUTO" in the name).

For now no savestates but that shouldn't be too much an issue so here's the site link below
https://mgba.io
JCT400THz

Re: New GBA emulator for Wii is out.

Post by JCT400THz » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:13 pm

So yes, mGBA is a very cool emulator indeed. it can run all of my roms at full speed, including Pokémon, which I find very impressive, since neither VBA GX or Retroarch GX was able to run it without major lag or frameskip. basically said, I care about the emulation more than the interface. also, when porting saves, make sure to put it in the same folder and remove the "Auto" in the filename ("Rom Auto.sav" to "Rom.sav")

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
DTK.21

Post by DTK.21 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:42 am

Kinda late for it if everyone who's ever read this thread

But there's now an option for Save states as well as booting by bios(optional or course) and changing of the Frameskip(well at least for wii not that it already runs perfect anyways)

Sadly I no longer have a 3ds to test out so for now i can only hope button configurations for a next big update
JCT400THz

Post by JCT400THz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:46 pm

DTK.21 wrote:Kinda late for it if everyone who's ever read this thread

But there's now an option for Save states as well as booting by bios(optional or course) and changing of the Frameskip(well at least for wii not that it already runs perfect anyways)

Sadly I no longer have a 3ds to test out so for now i can only hope button configurations for a next big update
Well I need to download this new update. Sometimes I forget what the term "Nightly Build" means.

Hey, the blue guy's name is Dolphin Dash. hue
DTK.21

Post by DTK.21 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:21 am

Yeah it's good they do updates every one to three days, especially simce they have a goal timeline of what they want to be able to add
mikesmeister789

Post by mikesmeister789 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:33 am

It is indeed impressive, the fact it's stable as it is despite still being in alpha. I love this emulator :D