Large NeoGeo games support and CPS3 tests

Discuss emulation on the Wii here
bearteam

Large NeoGeo games support and CPS3 tests

Post by bearteam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Wiimpathy has implemented in Final Burn Alpha and Gxgeo the Virtual Memory manager (by tueidj) and a cache sytem to play all the latest NeoGeo games. Here's a little howto, but he advises you to consult the README you'll find in the archives.
Neogeo
-----------

- First, you need to convert your games on your computer with the Rom converter.
- Download this FBA archive and extract it to your SD card.
- Launch the fbalpha2012_neogeo core, wait... and play.

I've started with Gxgeo but it's quite buggy and it requires decrypted roms. In case you're interested : Gxgeo-vm
For both emulators, you must use Unibios else loading times will be a lot longer.
Retroarch 1.3.6 was used to compile the cores.

CPS3
--------

It's more a proof of concept made out of curiosity. It's around 40fps with vsync disabled and the sound is bad. SF3 3rd strike seems the more playable.

- Launch the fbalpha2012_cps3 core.
The first time you'll launch a game, it will create cache files. This process takes a long time, around 4, 5 minutes. The second time you start the game, it will take less than 1 minute.
FBA-VM.zip
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 960 times
romcnv.zip
(179.79 KiB) Downloaded 1003 times
GXGEO-VM.zip
(456.41 KiB) Downloaded 952 times
http://gbatemp.net/threads/large-neogeo ... ts.493767/
Squarepusher

Re: Large NeoGeo games support and CPS3 tests

Post by Squarepusher » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:28 pm

tueidj - I would like to humbly ask for your permission to be able to commit this VM code to the libretro repository for FBAlpha. Wiimpathy is in support of this as well. I think I sent you a PM about this, however, it might be that it did not get through.

You can track the current conversation here -

http://gbatemp.net/threads/large-neogeo ... 767/page-3