BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Latest site specific news
User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4289
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby emu_kidid » Fri May 30, 2014 1:59 am

Possibly the best GameCube parts/accessories/all cool things store I've ever come across has gone live today!

Fellow member/designer/beer drinker Megalomaniac has set up shop to sell his Mega branded products as well as offer a large selection of GameCube spare parts to "Keep your GameCube happy" ;)

Image

What are you waiting for?
http://www.BadAssConsoles.com/
Attachments
badass.jpg
(41.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image

User avatar
Streetwalker
Posts: 1446
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am
Location: Israel

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby Streetwalker » Fri May 30, 2014 5:25 am

Hell yeah ! :D
The Megadrives are a bit expensive but these Wasps sure are cheap. If shipping is worth it, I'll consider them.

Oh gosh, these parts are cheap too. :shock:

baldjared
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 am
Location: Canada

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby baldjared » Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 am

Site looks great Mega.

Streetwalker wrote:Hell yeah ! :D
The Megadrives are a bit expensive but these Wasps sure are cheap. If shipping is worth it, I'll consider them.

Oh gosh, these parts are cheap too. :shock:


Expensive, how much do you want to pay for a custom small production run board, the price is extremely reasonable, any less and he'd just be giving them away. For some people ruining WKFs/WASPSs also gets expensive, I've seen enough people coming through this site that have done just that, some of them multiple times, trying to get them installed on gamecubes without a megadrive.

Diminuendo
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 am

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby Diminuendo » Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 am

I'll be making a purchace wednesdy

User avatar
iamdablasta
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby iamdablasta » Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 am

visiting asap
bookmark'd
the game

User avatar
badsector
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby badsector » Fri May 30, 2014 9:28 am

Hey Mega, does the V4-Drive also include a WASP?.

User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4289
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby emu_kidid » Fri May 30, 2014 9:49 am

badsector wrote:Hey Mega, does the V4-Drive also include a WASP?.

99.999999999% sure it does.
Image

User avatar
badsector
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby badsector » Fri May 30, 2014 10:05 am

I thought so, too, because it's stated, that this is an all in one plug and play solution. But on the other hand, the WASP is nowhere mentioned, so I just wanted to ask before ordering.

User avatar
emu_kidid
Site Admin
Posts: 4289
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby emu_kidid » Fri May 30, 2014 10:06 am

he doesn't want to mention modchips for the obvious reasons..
Image

User avatar
iamdablasta
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby iamdablasta » Fri May 30, 2014 10:16 am

paypal is a bitch.
the game

User avatar
badsector
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby badsector » Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 am

I never thought of this. Thanks for the info :)

User avatar
Jerrysk4au
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:34 am
Location: Largo, FL

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby Jerrysk4au » Fri May 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I Just ordered Version 3 and a Version 4. Cant wait to try these out! Thanks Mega!!!
Thanks!
-Jerry S K

pr0ton
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:40 pm
Location: NL

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby pr0ton » Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Awesome! The buttons 'HELL YEAH' and 'GET SOME' on the homepage aren't working tough (Firefox/Chrome).
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL

User avatar
Streetwalker
Posts: 1446
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am
Location: Israel

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby Streetwalker » Fri May 30, 2014 1:00 pm

baldjared wrote:Site looks great Mega.

Streetwalker wrote:Hell yeah ! :D
The Megadrives are a bit expensive but these Wasps sure are cheap. If shipping is worth it, I'll consider them.

Oh gosh, these parts are cheap too. :shock:


Expensive, how much do you want to pay for a custom small production run board, the price is extremely reasonable, any less and he'd just be giving them away. For some people ruining WKFs/WASPSs also gets expensive, I've seen enough people coming through this site that have done just that, some of them multiple times, trying to get them installed on gamecubes without a megadrive.


And I am part of these people. I ruined a wkf trying to solder to it. It almost worked though.
I'm not criticizing, merely mentioning that I can not afford the price. ;)

User avatar
iamdablasta
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby iamdablasta » Fri May 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
baldjared wrote:Site looks great Mega.

Streetwalker wrote:Hell yeah ! :D
The Megadrives are a bit expensive but these Wasps sure are cheap. If shipping is worth it, I'll consider them.

Oh gosh, these parts are cheap too. :shock:


Expensive, how much do you want to pay for a custom small production run board, the price is extremely reasonable, any less and he'd just be giving them away. For some people ruining WKFs/WASPSs also gets expensive, I've seen enough people coming through this site that have done just that, some of them multiple times, trying to get them installed on gamecubes without a megadrive.


And I am part of these people. I ruined a wkf trying to solder to it. It almost worked though.
I'm not criticizing, merely mentioning that I can not afford the price. ;)

How anyone has courage to solder directly on WKF I can't even think of. I didn't even try to do mod my gc before the breakout board had arrived. I took basically only 1 risk when i soldered the WKF, and that was between the breakout and the motherboard. So WKF never was near the soldering iron.
I admit, my gamecube looks horrible on the inside (wire mess, hotglue mess), but it works. I am getting a megadrive purely to make it look better on the inside since it's partly transparent.

I must admit though, I am almost tempted to buy the V4 megadrive. Impressive work by megalomaniac, very sexy (and I am not talking about the megadrive).

Sadly I cannot order anything until mega has enabled shipping to Norway :(
the game

User avatar
badsector
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby badsector » Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Shipping to Germany also does not work :(

User avatar
Streetwalker
Posts: 1446
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am
Location: Israel

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby Streetwalker » Fri May 30, 2014 2:20 pm

I remove my statement. The v5 seems perfect in terms of price. Wasp+v5+shipping is the cost of a wkf with shipping here. :shock: Also I have an idea to keep the DVD drive too.

User avatar
sk8er000
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 6:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby sk8er000 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Please activate shipping to Italy! I need the v4 to be shipped in Italy!! Please!!
Using Tapatalk

User avatar
iamdablasta
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby iamdablasta » Fri May 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I'll add there is a form at the website to ask for this too, not sure where mega wants these messages but I did it both just in case.
the game

User avatar
megalomaniac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Drunk in Texas
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby megalomaniac » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 pm

pr0ton wrote:Awesome! The buttons 'HELL YEAH' and 'GET SOME' on the homepage aren't working tough (Firefox/Chrome).

thanks..i guess it would help if i added a link to the buttons...fixed..




shipping to germany under investigation
shipping to norway added
shipping to italy under investigation


International shipping seems to overcharge a little...
for example, it might calculate 20$ shipping and could actually be 13$ depending on the products ordered.
reason being is because total package weight (box included) per item is calculated.
when someone purchases multiple items, multiple (total) package weights are calculated and it does not consider that many items can fit in the same box which would reduce the overall weight for many items in a single box...
..but dont worry about the estimated shipping cost since the difference of actual shipping cost will be refunded.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image

User avatar
sk8er000
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 6:33 pm
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby sk8er000 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:22 pm

Thank you!! please let me know when shipping to Italy is available and I'll make my order immediately!
Using Tapatalk

User avatar
deku_scrub
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Balneário Camboriú, Santa Catarina - Brasil
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby deku_scrub » Sat May 31, 2014 2:36 am

Wooooww amazing!!! He is The man!!!
__ deku_scrub __ Wii D3-2 | System 4.3 | HC installed using Smash Stack | WODE Jukebox
Xbox 360 Slim 4GB | 320GB Hacked HDD | x360key

User avatar
ShockSlayer
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby ShockSlayer » Sat May 31, 2014 8:08 am

The HELL YEAH button really sold me on this.

So like, are we really supposed to keep quiet about this shop? 'Cause I want to tell a lot of people at once in various places.

SS
Image

User avatar
megalomaniac
Posts: 2480
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 am
Location: Drunk in Texas
Contact:

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby megalomaniac » Sat May 31, 2014 6:06 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:The HELL YEAH button really sold me on this.

So like, are we really supposed to keep quiet about this shop? 'Cause I want to tell a lot of people at once in various places.

SS

i dont see any reason to keep it quite...unless you can think of any reason??
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving

>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image

User avatar
iamdablasta
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Re: BadAss Consoles .com going live!

Postby iamdablasta » Sat May 31, 2014 10:48 pm

megalomaniac wrote:
ShockSlayer wrote:The HELL YEAH button really sold me on this.

So like, are we really supposed to keep quiet about this shop? 'Cause I want to tell a lot of people at once in various places.

SS

i dont see any reason to keep it quite...unless you can think of any reason??

If It got sold out and restocking takes time? Maybe a few more orders than you can handle?
I'd order now, but we're moving and I don't want it to not reach my house and get lost :L
the game


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest