New Life for older Emulators like CubeSX

All your console related questions and answers :)
Maddkatt

New Life for older Emulators like CubeSX

Post by Maddkatt » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 am

I've found that I can format two partitions on my SP2SD2. The first I have as exfat fs in order to put all my dol files and gamecube isos, the other is formatted in fat32 for the emulators that support reading from the sp2sd2. However some older emulators like CubeSX aren't set up to read from sp2sd2, so my question, is there a way to grab source code from say SNES9x that has SP2SD2 support and copy it over to the Cubesx source and recompile it?
Maddkatt

Re: New Life for older Emulators like CubeSX

Post by Maddkatt » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:00 am

Another thing I'd like to do is play around with the media player that was built for gamecube, but sadly there is no SP2SD2 support either :( I'm not a very good coder, however I'm an adequate scriptkiddy if someone could point me in the right direction.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 am

Tinking around with old emulators and homebrew for GC you may hit this kind of issues more than you first expected.

You'll find some who don't support SDHC, fat32, bigger size SD cards than an "arbitrary" size, SP2, multiple partitions or whatever with both often.

So you'll find it is safe to go on with a sc 1GB SD card in your SD Gecko for all those homebrews and reasons.

Also, getting code from snes 9x may not be a wise way as it wasn't reknown for proper file support concerning sp2 integration.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Maddkatt

Post by Maddkatt » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:47 am

Yeah, but wouldn't adding the place to look for files just be adding onto the place that looks for the sdgecko anyways. Like some sort of Linux bash code and init file?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:49 am

I'm planning another CubeSX/WiiSX release soon, hold tight.