SDGecko Support in Dolphin Emulator

All your console related questions and answers :)
dantheman2865

SDGecko Support in Dolphin Emulator

Post by dantheman2865 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:23 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone point me to how to emulate an SDGecko (SD Card adapter) in Dolphin? I would love to use Dolphin for initial development because I don't have a USBGecko. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
megalomaniac

Re: SDGecko Support in Dolphin Emulator

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 am

be cautious using dolphin for Dev...
its great for GUI testing, text alignment corrections, button response checks...but when you try to do anything hardware related, it doesnt work so well...

depending on what your doing, (SD Gecko) you are better off using real hardware...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 am

depending on what you're doing, you can get away with using dolphin, but primarily when it comes to hardware stuff (even as basic as SDGecko), it can be totally off. Also, SDGecko is not supported as they'd basically have to emulate an SD card.

I'd write whatever you're doing to run using libiso9660 to mount a emulated dvd iso as a device then when you test on real hardware, just change it to map as SD card.
dantheman2865

Post by dantheman2865 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 am

Thanks for the warning Mega, that makes a lot of sense. I suppose if I hit a road-block I can look at getting a USBGecko. I'll just have to do it the way I used to on Atmel: with a lot of print statements.

Emu_Kidid, I'll try that. Thanks!