do I need a separate memory card for PAL games

All your console related questions and answers :)
diosoth

do I need a separate memory card for PAL games

Post by diosoth » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I have a Xeno chipped NTSC Gamecube with a single Nintendo brand 1019 block memory card. There's not many PAL market games I want to track down- I've burned Neighbours From Hell, and may try Conan- but I've heard conflicting statements on saving PAL games to a card formatted for NTSC games. Should I pick up a cheap 59 block card for the PAL games or am I safe to use this card as-is?
AC_Orange

Re: do I need a separate memory card for PAL games

Post by AC_Orange » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:07 pm

I didn't really have problems with the few NSTC games I saved on my mainly PAL memory card, however I did have problems with 1019 memory card and certain PAL games.

The card altough official seems to have corrupted a few of my saves- Baten Kaitos 1 and RE4 which I was playing at the time on it. I'm sure there were others too, this was when I had PAL only saves on it. In the end I stopped using it altogether.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:43 am

emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:51 pm

I know I am a year late, but for any others with the same question I'll give an answer.

It does not seem like I have had any issues doing this. I have used a NTSC version of Luigi's Mansion, SSX Tricky, and F-Zero GX. This had been on the same Memory Card as my other PAL games. No issues so far.

My only complaint, which is irrelevant, is that the F-Zero save is impossible to move from one card to another. I may need to restart the game when I get my new card (need more space, and gonna do it internal). So for anyone who likes F-ZERO, remember this.
the game
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:13 am

You can move F-Zero GX saves using one of those memory card tools (that really good one for the GC/Wii but I always forget its name...)
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:49 am

emu_kidid wrote:You can move F-Zero GX saves using one of those memory card tools (that really good one for the GC/Wii but I always forget its name...)
Woah thanks, a lifesaver! I hate using two memory cards.
(Edit: For anyone else interested, here is a link; http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM)
the game
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:26 pm

That's the one!