Emulatemii blog inoperative

All your console related questions and answers :)
dragonking725

Emulatemii blog inoperative

Post by dragonking725 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:21 am

Every time I post at the emulatemii blog, it always returns with a new page saying "Access denied" Nothing ever gets posted for some odd reason, on any of the blog entries. Does anyone else have this issue? Happens on both recent versions of Chrome and Firefox. Is this a server host issue, I mean, will the blog ever be fixed?

Hopefully this is the right section to post this issue.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Emulatemii blog inoperative

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:26 am

There was a moderation queue of about 50,000 entries, it's probably overflowed and died. We'll look into it.
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 am

emu_kidid wrote:There was a moderation queue of about 50,000 entries, it's probably overflowed and died. We'll look into it.
Well, that makes sense, and would certainly explain why it conked out like that. Personally I think that fixing that blog would be very counterproductive, it would only open up Pandora's Box. All you'd get is people bitching about Wii64 and WiiSX being dead. Can't say as I blame them though, as I too would like to believe that there will be a new release before the end of 2014.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:54 pm

:roll:
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Ashen wrote::roll:
What? Just because I said that fixing the blog was trivial? There's no newsworthy thing to announce, is there? The blog is only going to suffer an influx of complainers. I've yet to see a single contributing post from end users.

Look, the blog was updated last September, and people can't even post due to blog having some overflow issue (which will be fixed at some point in time), people get uppity and demand than an update is given. I personally couldn't care either way, but isn't there ever going to be a chance for a blog entry to be made, like, at all? Asking for a blog entry doesn't equal to having to release an emulator update. A blog entry would only placate those who are worried about the future of the emulator. Is that such a bad thing?
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm

dragonking725 wrote:All you'd get is people bitching about Wii64 and WiiSX being dead. Can't say as I blame them though, as I too would like to believe that there will be a new release before the end of 2014.
My :roll: was in reference to this specifically, and the fact that you're quite obviously The Randomizer. Seriously dude, just give it up for Christs sake.
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Ashen wrote:
dragonking725 wrote:All you'd get is people bitching about Wii64 and WiiSX being dead. Can't say as I blame them though, as I too would like to believe that there will be a new release before the end of 2014.
My :roll: was in reference to this specifically, and the fact that you're quite obviously The Randomizer. Seriously dude, just give it up for Christs sake.

Then what do you suggest, that we just all give up any residual hope altogether? Face it, it will be a pretty cold day in hell before anyone happens; the Wii emulation scene is dead. Period. Wow, just wow.
Ashen

Post by Ashen » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:36 pm

That's exactly what I suggest. Get over it, move on with your life. Find something constructive to do. Or hey, go buy a real N64/PSX and an Everdrive/64Drive. Or you know, even some real games. Then play them perfectly, with no bugs or glitches to complain about.
dragonking725

Post by dragonking725 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Ashen wrote:That's exactly what I suggest. Get over it, move on with your life. Find something constructive to do. Or hey, go buy a real N64/PSX and an Everdrive/64Drive. Or you know, even some real games. Then play them perfectly, with no bugs or glitches to complain about.
Yeah, you're right. Using them would be a better option, you know, better compatibility, better stability. Sure, they're kinda expensive, but whatever. That or PJ64 2.1 beta; sure, it's far from perfect, but they managed to get the tricky World Driver Championship to run. That I found to be very impressive.

But all things considered, $99 isn't half bad for a flash cart that plays pretty much every N64 game in existence, SDHC card support, it's a pretty nice deal.