Action Replay Question

All your console related questions and answers :)
jlo138

Action Replay Question

Post by jlo138 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm unfamiliar with action replay and I've never used it before on any console. I know what it does from research and that some versions are rare. I bought some items off eBay and it came with it. Do I have a rare version? You can put in your own codes on the one I have. I see a v1.06 but is that what I'm looking for? I spent under $15.
Attachments
image.jpg
(744.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
image.jpg
(750.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
Apache Thunder

Re: Action Replay Question

Post by Apache Thunder » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm

Older versions are rarer. My version is v1.14 and I bought mine back in '07 or earlier. If you buy an SD Adapter for the memory card slot, you then have what you need to run homebrew/backups. SD adapters like the WiiKey can be bought for cheap if you look in the right places. ;)

Just google Action Replay SDLOADER to find the Action Replay codes to trick the GameCube into loading homebrew off the memory card adapter in slot A. :)
ImageImage
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:33 pm

1.06 is one of the earlier versions, if not the earliest out there. I wouldn't say any version is more rare than the other, perhaps more sought after (if people are booting code using it anymore) before 1.14b which is where the SDLOADER code stopped working?

Also I could be wrong here but I'd read that the earlier versions worked on all regions of GameCube, never tried that yet.
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 am

Okay thanks. I tested it and it works so maybe I'll just sell it. I have no use for it as I have SDML as my homebrew and backup loading which seems easier than typing 20 lines of code for this to work for that. I don't use cheats either so I really haven't any use for it.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT