Gamecube Q - component cable question.

All your console related questions and answers :)
aandrew

Gamecube Q - component cable question.

Post by aandrew » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:06 pm

So I swapped some duplicate games I had for a Gamecube Q without any cables or the UK power adaptor it was originally imported with.
Thinking about buying a component cable for it but I was told there is a different version for the Q , basically is that correct or not before I start looking.
Im in the uk and would like to use the machine to play US imports over here (I'm told the machine was modified at import and it came with some US games the last owner used so I think that part is correct)

Thanks for any answers.
AC_Orange

Re: Gamecube Q - component cable question.

Post by AC_Orange » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 pm

You are talking about Panasonic Q right? I have one but can't remember if I ever used component on it, turned it on once just to make sure it was working. My guess is that they are identical but you can always wait for someone else to confirm
aandrew

Post by aandrew » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Yes Panasonic Q
I've a feeling there is only 1 cable, hope so, I can only imagine the Q version is more expensive again.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:39 pm

the person might've thought that the japanese D-terminal cable was only supported by the Q, but since it's just a standard GameCube mainboard inside, any component cable should work just fine.
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 pm

I can confirm that the Q works just fine with the standard component video cable for games. I have to use composite video for DVD videos though (lucky that Europe has the same region code as Japan!). You will need RCA audio leads too because it doesn't have a port for the GameCube AV cable. It does support composite video through an RCA cable though, and it looks like it has an S-video port too, but I haven't got a cable to test it with.

Don't forget it wants a 100V power supply, but I think most people use the cheap 110V adapters.
aandrew

Post by aandrew » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks,
I've found a 100v power supply (surprisingly very hard it source in the uk)
Now I just need a component cable as my rgb scart will be no use on this JP machine.