Early GameCube user, but new in modding

All your console related questions and answers :)
Gakman

Early GameCube user, but new in modding

Post by Gakman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello.
I'm from France, please excuse my english...

I use my GameCubes from their launch, and I have a bunch of games (and some many times). But now DVD readers seams to be tired.
So, where is the "GameCube science" now? Is there somem ODDE or readers replacements I can bought or build?
My goal is to keep alive my lovely 4 GameCubes for Mario Kart DD. ;)
One is japanese switched JAP/US and has a Qoob Pro and a 12cm DVD lid (bought at japanese launch!), others are stock European PAL.
I've read a WiiKey Fusion could be used. But on this website I've seen MEGAdrive, MEGAudio, and other stuffs. Could you tell me what are the interest all these items?

In a second time, I'll look to upgrade their SCART output to something newer (all have a digital output plug) because my TV are tired, too... :cry: But after, the priority is to change these readers.

Thank you for your answers to come, or topics/webpages to show me. I know my question is perhaps wide, but I've not looked GC hacking from so many years...
novenary

Re: Early GameCube user, but new in modding

Post by novenary » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Heya welcome here ! :D
I'm french too.
Also yes there are ODE's for the GC. Actually the Wii ones work. Check out the wiki and badass-consoles.com to buy.
The Megadrive is an adapter to use these on the GC. There are different variants of it. The Megaaudio is an optical audio mod, and the Mega3 is that + VGA/component but these are no longer available.
Also the official SCART cable is great. I use it with a small CRT and it looks awesome. I don't feel the need for 480p.
Gakman

Post by Gakman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Thank you for this answer.
waats

Post by waats » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:55 pm

French guy here too.
I bought the official Scart Cable. I still need a good old TV to enjoy it :|
I suggest you to buy the SD Media Launcher. This way, I run NES/SNES/Megadrive games on the GC. Every good console mixed in a single one. (I own a N64 and a PS2 as well). You can also run backups games with Swiss.