PAL Gamecube on NTSC TV

All your console related questions and answers :)
jlo138

PAL Gamecube on NTSC TV

Post by jlo138 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:52 pm

This isn't really a question though a solution I found for some of you...

I have a PAL Gamecube and I recently sold my component cables as I needed the cash. I heard of but wasn't exactly familiar with the issues using a PAL on an NTSC TV via composite. I do have more than one cube so this isn't an issue but my TV's don't allow region changes at all. I also own a GC compatible Wii with component.

I do own a gaming projector where I as a last resort connected it and I found it also detects and accepts PAL 50 and 60hz. So if any of you have run into the same problem and happen to have a projector, then try it out and see.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
megalomaniac

Re: PAL Gamecube on NTSC TV

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:20 pm

....or just buy a NTSC mainboard for $5 from badassconsoles.com
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 am

Well it's mod chipped. I have 7 more cubes that are ntsc already. It's not an issue that will keep me from playing.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:27 am

Few CRTs in the US accept PAL, not counting special monitors like PVMs.
Or try an HDTV. They're more likely to.

If you were thinking about modding to fix the color, Gamecube's color encoding isn't 100% understood.
I haven't seen a known method to between NTSC and PAL (that is, undeniable video or something of it actually working).

Some discussion on the subject here.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2431

Edit: A bit more info, rephrased.