ASM Injectable code creation

All your console related questions and answers :)
Brandondorf9999

ASM Injectable code creation

Post by Brandondorf9999 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 am

I'd like to know how to create an injectable asm code for the .dol and convert a normal code into an injectable one. Right now, there isn't any tutorials on how to make an ASM code that is designed to be injectable that replaces the commands with the one's we want it to do like force it widescreen and/or other codes.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: ASM Injectable code creation

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:07 am

More information on what you're trying to achieve is required, this is far too generic.
ShockSlayer

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:46 am

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-dol- ... t-16623011

Not sure if this helps or not, but nowadays people are injectin' all sorts of stuff into Melee .dol files, in fact there may even be a more updated guide than this. Anyways, this was how I managed to inject the widescreen melee code a while back. Might be of use, I dunno.
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 pm

I would be interested in this as well. Its about modding dol files so that they permanently have widescreen hacks applied, right?

I am personally interested in doing this with phantasy star online I&II and III, but I have got no idea on how to find the offsets, or even what tools to use to find them. I havent found any guides on how to create widescreen hacks for cube games at all sadly. I think that is what OP is asking.

Curiously, pso games crash when attempting to use swiss' widescreen feature :(