How to recompile .dol source codes?

All your console related questions and answers :)
Air Conditioner

How to recompile .dol source codes?

Post by Air Conditioner » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 pm

New to coding and stuff and I wanted to make some simple edits to some dol sources I found. Mostly graphic stuff and certain lines of text to match my portable. I've installed Devkit Pro and have tried to recompile the unmodified source in Programmers Notepad but I keep getting errors. Did I skip something or/and did I miss something? I'm running Windows 10. The error in getting is "no targets specified and no makefiles found. Stop."

Btw I have the sources in my c:/ directory and none of the folders contain spaces so that isn't the issue.
Formerly Mizumi
megalomaniac

Re: How to recompile .dol source codes?

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:08 am

try one of the example sources first: hello world included in the GC examples download
also run "make" from command line....once you make sure it works then you can try programmers notepad or whatever else you want...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:14 am

How do I do that? I've got myself in the directory that the Makefile is in but I don't know what to do next.
Formerly Mizumi
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

type into commandline:
make
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:17 am

I was able to get brosexec to recompile in the command line but not Swiss or GCMM. I was getting error about make.exe not being found and it said a bunch of .tpl files were missing. GCMM said it was missing a file named "ft2build.h"

What else should I provide? I'm new to this like I said so I'm pretty lost on trouble shooting it. Thanks mega.
Formerly Mizumi
capzlk

Post by capzlk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 pm

you might need to do this with administrator permissions, depending on where devkitpro/ppc are installed