Unsure of whats wrong?

All your console related questions and answers :)
skullrebell

Unsure of whats wrong?

Post by skullrebell » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:29 am

So ill be playing Phantasy Star online and sonic adventure 2, and the image will freeze on my gamecube and it will then emit a high pitched sound almost like a siren, does anyone know what could be causing this, it will occur randomly in gameplay, and has happened on crazy taxi , but not as frequently as the previously mentioned games.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Unsure of whats wrong?

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:47 am

Is the high pitched sound coming from your TV or from the GameCube itself?

Are you playing from original discs?

Are there any modifications to the GameCube itself?
skullrebell

Post by skullrebell » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:54 am

emu_kidid wrote:Is the high pitched sound coming from your TV or from the GameCube itself?

I cant tell, yes, and not that i know of i bought it from lukie games so probally not
skullrebell

Post by skullrebell » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:08 am

emu_kidid wrote:Is the high pitched sound coming from your TV or from the GameCube itself?

got it to happen again, its comming from the tv
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:51 am

So it sounds like your GameCube is crashing. If it's not modified then it wouldn't be due to bad data from the disc drive.

Does the fan work, if so, how hot is the air coming out of it? It sounds like you might need to open it up and give it a good clean and check for any damage on the mainboard.
skullrebell

Post by skullrebell » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:52 pm

the fan works, air isnt too hot, and i have no idea what damage to look for or do i have the bit to open up the game cube
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:08 am

skullrebell wrote:the fan works, air isnt too hot, and i have no idea what damage to look for or do i have the bit to open up the game cube
The bit can be purchased rather cheaply online. If you can't wait you can try the Bic pen method. Get a CLEAR Bic branded ink pen and remove the tip and ink tube. Over a flame you heat the tip of the pen housing and roll it to evenly melt the tip. Don't let it catch fire but let the tip melt inward on itself and have your cube ready and then quickly push the melted pen tip over the screw and hold it firmly. Give it maybe 30 seconds or so and it should have melted over the screw and have the bit shaped into it. You can remove the screws now. Remember it's not metal so you may have to repeat the process but it worked for me before I got my bits.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT