i got MegaDrive V3 in the post today and i already have 2 WASP's , problems

All your console related questions and answers :)
s8n187

i got MegaDrive V3 in the post today and i already have 2 WASP's , problems

Post by s8n187 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:40 am

hi guys , i got my MegaDrive V3 in the post today and i already have 2 WASP's. I started by bridging Pin 29 and GND and then Lid to the pad next to it , i got small blue LED flashes and it won't boot a SD Card. So i removed the bridge between Pin 29 and GND , and i still can't get a SD Card to boot. I get a freeze as it tries to load the SD Card or ' a drive an error has occurred message ' , i don't know where to go from here.

any tips appreciated
s8n187

Re: i got MegaDrive V3 in the post today and i already have 2 WASP's , problems

Post by s8n187 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:50 am

update , i got my Multimeter out and tested both FFC cables that came with the other WASP all came up good. So i switched the FFC cables and if i put in a FAT32 SD Card i can launch the WIIkey menu............

in the WIIkey menu i can put in a WBFS formatted SD Card and it will recognize it , i choose Swiss ISO and the Gamecube resets and then it kicks me back to the WIIkey menu. If i choose the Swiss ISO again it will reset then freeze.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 am

since your WASPs were not purchased thru BadAss Consoles they do not have swiss preflashed flashed onto them. Instead the WASPs contain the factory wiikey menu firmware. Many people unfamiliar with how the wiikey menu works have a hard time trying to use the firmware to load anything.

Best advise, use the swiss recovery iso from the nightly builds and use DD to properly format the SD card per the original wiikey recovery instructions.
This will allow swiss to boot up and you can flash from there...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
s8n187

Post by s8n187 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:00 pm

thanks for the tips mega , things seem to have got worse since yesterday............. the WASP flashes red blue back and forth a bunch of times and then gives ' an error has occurred turn power off ' etc.

i can't get past this even after reseating the FFC's , i also tried the WASP/MegaDrive on another GC and same behavior. Interestingly i swapped the main FFC and i get a flickering red LED and then ' an error has occurred turn power off '

btw my other chip does not work at all any more no LED's what so ever , bought both these at Eurasia and came sealed in anti static.

what are your thoughts members ?
s8n187

Post by s8n187 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:22 am

update , i connected the WASP to one of my WII's and i can get to the WIIkey menu and when i select something like a game it freezes and won't do anything. To me it seems the WASP is faulty i think i will purchase a new WASP from BadAssConsoles see how that goes.