Gamecube Video Cables...

All your console related questions and answers :)
MarioMario66666

Gamecube Video Cables...

Post by MarioMario66666 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:22 am

Right... I am still not sure what the best option would be for getting the best video signal out of the gamecube. I am fully aware of the differences between RF, Composite, S-Video, RGB Scart and Component cables for the gamecube and I know that Gcvideo is a thing but I just wanted to get an opinion from you guys in what you would recommend for a decent price and availability.

I live in Australia and have two gamecubes which are both in the PAL format. I know S-Video is not supported, however RGB Scart is. I do use my Wii with component cables sometimes to play gamecube on my flat screen but I would much rather use my Viper extreme moded gamecube.

Oh and Scart is not a mainstream cable type over here by the way, none of my TV's have a scart port on the back.
Looking for:

Viper, Icedcube and Xcm cases.
Qoob, Viper and official Xeno modchips.
AC_Orange

Re: Gamecube Video Cables...

Post by AC_Orange » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:07 am

It sucks that none of the new TVs in Australia come with Scart, only HDMI, Component, Composite and S-Video if you are lucky. Seems like VGA is getting phased out too. However in Europe I've seen the latest TVs have Scart, what an injustice :/
I don't think I could go back to Composite now, so I would stick to Wii + Component in your case.
I would still use Scart and I do play Snes on my Samsung SyncMaster 930 MP, there's someone on ebay from NSW selling the exact same monitor if you are close by
MarioMario66666

Re: Gamecube Video Cables...

Post by MarioMario66666 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 am

Sure dose suck, although I don't think I've ever owned a TV that has scart on the back and I live in WA so won't be able to get that monitor.

But about 10 minutes ago I just managed to scab a component cable for gamecube for $149 AUD!!! Can't believe it. So I guess I'll just use that ;)
Looking for:

Viper, Icedcube and Xcm cases.
Qoob, Viper and official Xeno modchips.