Homebrew in black & white??

All your console related questions and answers :)
GudPiggeh

Homebrew in black & white??

Post by GudPiggeh » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:47 am

I have XenoGC. Everything works fine with burning discs, and running games. However, if I hold down start to open up the multirom to play a homebrew game I burned, it's barely visible, just a few white dots. I open up the snes emulator, it's in black in white, with black horizontal lines, flickering, shaking, and having ghosts of objects appear for a few seconds after they move. Holding down "b" to force 60hz (i have a ntsc tv and ntsc gamecube) makes the multirom thing a little more visible, makes the snes emulator less glitching around, makes ghosts last less, but still black and white, still has ghosts, and still is shaky. I don't know what to do to fix it.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Homebrew in black & white??

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 am

Get a PAL/NTSC compatible TV. As for "multirom", I'm not sure what you're referring to here.

I'll help if you post what console region you're using too.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:10 am

He says he has an NTSC console, and he's probably referring to the multigame disc feature of the xeno.

NTSC consoles don't support 50hz mode properly, you can change that in the emulator settings but it should have detected it from the hardware.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:16 pm

If it's a compilation disc with ancient emulators which just used to use the previous video mode then there's your problem most likely.
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:28 am

The Xeno menu displays in PAL mode btw so that confirms it further.