Best TV to pair with my GC

All your console related questions and answers :)
Alive

Best TV to pair with my GC

Post by Alive » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:14 am

Hello everyone, I'm happy to have found this forum. Now I've recently been getting back into my GC and I wanted to know what TV I should pair with it to get the best image quality? I already have component cables but the only TV I have that supports components is my Samsung LCD. I've been doing research and from what I've found out, a Sony Wega Trinitron FD is the best TV out there for this kind of thing. I was wondering if you guys agree with my conclusion, and if you do, can you tell me if it's worth it? I've done some tests (with composites) and my LCD has better image quality than all my CRTs which makes me doubt if the Wega will improve the quality at all. Admittedly, the CRTs I have are very low quality but the question still persists. Thanks for any input you can give.
MarioMario66666

Re: Best TV to pair with my GC

Post by MarioMario66666 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:32 am

If you really wanted the best picture quality (using original hardware) I would be a good idea to get a PVM (professional video monitor)

I'm not an expert but they look much more superior to a CRT.
Looking for:

Viper, Icedcube and Xcm cases.
Qoob, Viper and official Xeno modchips.
OVERL0AD

Post by OVERL0AD » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:47 pm

I just use my 40" Samsung tv with component cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 am

MarioMario66666 wrote:If you really wanted the best picture quality (using original hardware) I would be a good idea to get a PVM (professional video monitor)

I'm not an expert but they look much more superior to a CRT.
From what I've heard PVM's are difficult to calibrate to be perfect. If you've never experienced CRT, get a good cheap CRT and just use composite video on it. If you want a HDTV, get something that will allow RGB output or progressive signal out from your GameCube (or get a Wii with component cables).