new to gamecube modding with some slight issues

All your console related questions and answers :)
damajinn427

new to gamecube modding with some slight issues

Post by damajinn427 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 am

Hello,

New to the gamecube mod community and I have a couple of weird issues. First I am running Gamecube with Xeno modchip booting off Swiss r401 disc running off SD card.

1) Every time I boot up the gamecube and launch Swiss my screen goes all messed up. I have attached what it looks like. The weird thing is I can get it to view properly if I turn the tv off/on or switch input back and forth. It seems to only happen when booting swiss because I can run backup or retail without experiencing the problem.

2) I'm also not able to run GBI from swiss. For some reason I am able to pull up the menu where you can specify the aspect ratio etc but after that the screen just goes black. I can however burn the iso to disc and boot it with no issues..

Any help much appreciated
Attachments
gc_screen.JPG
(154.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
novenary

Re: new to gamecube modding with some slight issues

Post by novenary » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 am

1) Does the Swiss menu still work after that? It sounds like your TV doesn't like video mode switching.

2) Try deleting the DCP file and report back, there might be a bug in handling it.
damajinn427

Post by damajinn427 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Streetwalker wrote:1) Does the Swiss menu still work after that? It sounds like your TV doesn't like video mode switching.

2) Try deleting the DCP file and report back, there might be a bug in handling it.
Thanks for your response.
Yes the Swiss menu still works afterwards. I do have a short delay before I can navigate the menu but then it's fine.

Also I tried deleting the DCP file and it seems to be experiencing the same behavior.
damajinn427

Post by damajinn427 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:20 am

So I found out I was able to fix the messed up screen issue by changing the Swiss video mode from Auto to 480i. Now it boots into Swiss without any issues.
For anyone else who has this problem I probably should've also mentioned this has an HDMI mod and connected to a Vizio M55-D0.

Now if I can only figure out the problem with GBI