Using a GCT cheat file with Swiss + original disc

All your console related questions and answers :)
bobrocks95

Using a GCT cheat file with Swiss + original disc

Post by bobrocks95 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Is this possible? .TXT formatted cheats can be loaded fine through the Cheats menu, but how do I load .GCT files? Given that I'm not launching an .iso I can't rename the file to match the .iso's filename, and selecting it manually in the file browser throws an error.

Sorry if this isn't the best section for this!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Using a GCT cheat file with Swiss + original disc

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:01 am

Make a .txt in the usual way and put it under the cheats dir on a SD Gecko. Launching from disc should still look in the usual spot with the ISO/disc internal ID for a cheats file.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 pm

The problem is that I don't have the original codes, I just have a compiled .gct file which looks like it's binary data. I've put other codes in .txt files as you described and they loaded fine (though only on an older Swiss revision, which I think is a separate issue).

So I just have this compiled file in the cheats folder that doesn't seem to be being accessed. Can Swiss load these or do I need to look into other homebrew for that?

EDIT: I found a program to convert GCT files to txt, though I'm still curious if Swiss can load GCT files or not.

I am still having to boot into an older Swiss revision (r382) for the cheats .txt file to be recognized. In both r416 and r426, pressing Y after loading a disc does nothing, no message of any kind. Cheats are in the cheats folder and again work fine with r382.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:52 am

bobrocks95 wrote:I'm still curious if Swiss can load GCT files or not.

I am still having to boot into an older Swiss revision (r382) for the cheats .txt file to be recognized. In both r416 and r426, pressing Y after loading a disc does nothing, no message of any kind. Cheats are in the cheats folder and again work fine with r382.
Swiss can't load GCT files. Can you raise an issue on the issue tracker for the other bug so I don't forget.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:11 am

Added, thanks