Panasonic Q - red light, won’t turn on

All your console related questions and answers :)
ShredderN64

Panasonic Q - red light, won’t turn on

Post by ShredderN64 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:22 am

Recently I purchased a Panasonic Q off of eBay that was listed as “untested”. As we all know, that means busted. Finally got it in the mail yesterday and -sure enough- plugging it in and pressing buttons did nothing. So after opening it up and taking a look, part of the power board was snapped along the corner, severing 5 traces. So I glued the corner back together (a screw goes through it) and wired the vias together. Now when I plug it in, I get a red standby light, but the buttons still do nothing. I had a problem with my TV about a year ago where it had a standby light but wouldn’t turn on, and the problem was a few blown capacitors on the power board. That was really the only idea I had about this Panasonic Q, but all of the caps look fine. The only other thing I can think of is something I couldn’t identify on the power board that I kind of screwed up... Take a look to the right of the solder joint of the second wire from the top (Yeah, I know it looks like crap, I have a very cheap iron).
FFF789A5-AB83-4406-91C4-37E8317E7FF3.jpeg
(2.23 MiB) Not downloaded yet
It looks like a via, but it doesn’t seem to be connected to anything other than the trace. They’re actually all over the board, but the point is that I originally tried soldering to it instead of the via, but I bumped it and ripped the pad off. I was pretty mad at myself, but I didn’t think bypassing it would be that big of a deal. I’m hoping it’s inconsequential as I believe it to be, but I don’t even know what it does. Any ideas?