GameCube laser keeps clicking and doesn't read the discs

All your console related questions and answers :)
ohmiomy

Re: GameCube laser keeps clicking and doesn't read the discs

Post by ohmiomy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

I tried 120 and 50 ohm, still not reading the disc
ohmiomy

Post by ohmiomy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:00 am

I tried to turn on the console pressing the start button with an original game. The screen of Xeno GC appeared, but the disc stopped spinning and the screen froze. The chip seems to be installed correctly and working, but something in gamecube is preventing it to perform its function
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:20 am

It's just your drive/laser that's bad.
ohmiomy

Post by ohmiomy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 am

I bought a new cube and a new laser. I changed the laser and soldered the xeno chip on the new cube. It reads the original discs instantly, but it keeps trying to read the burned discs without success. I started the cube pressing the start button and the Xeno page loaded and worked perfectly. I tried with 180 ohms. What do I do? The chip is working, but it can't read burned discs.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm

ohmiomy wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 am
I bought a new cube and a new laser. I changed the laser and soldered the xeno chip on the new cube. It reads the original discs instantly, but it keeps trying to read the burned discs without success. I started the cube pressing the start button and the Xeno page loaded and worked perfectly. I tried with 180 ohms. What do I do? The chip is working, but it can't read burned discs.
Have you successfully tried those burned discs anywhere else? It sounds like either they're burned incorrectly or the discs are unreadable.
ohmiomy

Post by ohmiomy » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 pm

When I bought my gamecube, those games were working perfectly. The laser stopped working and I bought two new lasers. I tried with both of them, and they could only recognize the game in the menu with the pot adjusted to 90 ohms, but when I start the game, it responds with an error message. I tried to burn in two other computers using full dvds, but the same happened. Original games are readed perfectly and other region original games too, because the xeno chip is working normally. I tried to lower the pot, but it didn't even recognized the game. I'm almost buying an unlocked gamecube that works, because I'm not lucky with mine
Gamecube_everyday

Post by Gamecube_everyday » Fri May 24, 2019 4:20 am

This happens to me midgame when I play the sims 2 pets, I just reset the console and it works.
:ugeek: :D :ugeek: :D :ugeek: :D :ugeek: