Is the Xeno chip supposed to do that?

All your console related questions and answers :)
GGNderbomb

Is the Xeno chip supposed to do that?

Post by GGNderbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 pm

When I load into the Xeno shell by holding the start button, the shell version appears but the display constantly flickers. This issue also seems to occur when I try to force games to load in PAL display mode, except the game doesn't load at all and it's just a black screen flickering lighter and darker. I understand the game might not be compatable with PAL, but I don't understand why the shell display flickers. Loading original games and game backups wothout commamds work fine and the chip is installed correctly.
And I think it's gonna be a long long time, 'till touchdown brings me round again to find, I'm not the man they think I am at home Oh-no-no-no, I'm GGN.
novenary

Re: Is the Xeno chip supposed to do that?

Post by novenary » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:03 am

Is the console itself NTSC? How about the TV? This has most likely nothing to do with the modchip itself.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Is the Xeno chip supposed to do that?

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:52 am

GGNderbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:13 pm
When I load into the Xeno shell by holding the start button, the shell version appears but the display constantly flickers. This issue also seems to occur when I try to force games to load in PAL display mode, except the game doesn't load at all and it's just a black screen flickering lighter and darker. I understand the game might not be compatable with PAL, but I don't understand why the shell display flickers. Loading original games and game backups wothout commamds work fine and the chip is installed correctly.
The Shell is locked in PAL mode on XenoGC v2.0's.

v1.0 had the best credits, I'll upload a video of it one day.