weird issue with launching WIND WAKER

All your console related questions and answers :)
migles

weird issue with launching WIND WAKER

Post by migles » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm

So, i burned a copy of the EUR wind waker, but the thing doesn't launch in my gamecube, and initially the disc didn't boot in my wii either which i thought it was a bad disc or something, but when i booted the game without the sd media launcher in my wii it plays with no problem...
i also tried to boot the game in the gamecube in swizz by unplugging the sd media launcher before starting the disc, but its no use, it just blacks screens, i did even waited 5 minutes.. if i open the console lid it throws the error message saying to turn off the console, this error message is present in the disc, so it loads something..

as i did with all my other games i didchecked the iso against redump, checksums where valid, did verified the burned disc in different ocasions, it was burned with imgburn, discs are memorex ones which seem to work nicely.

i am sure the disc is good, because it works in my wii with that weird requirement of unplugging the media launcher, its weird because the game is not even compatible with the official sd adapter
kinda wanted to avoid writing another disc, because its my last one and i am too lazy to get a new stock of discs

ho, in the gamecube the game also doesn't launch from the 2gb memory card i had been using, it does work fine from a 32gb sandisk one but i am sure this is an unrelated issue and more like my 2gb sd card might be too slow or maybe it doesn't like fat16
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: weird issue with launching WIND WAKER

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:45 pm

migles wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm
So, i burned a copy of the EUR wind waker, but the thing doesn't launch in my gamecube, and initially the disc didn't boot in my wii either which i thought it was a bad disc or something, but when i booted the game without the sd media launcher in my wii it plays with no problem...
i also tried to boot the game in the gamecube in swizz by unplugging the sd media launcher before starting the disc, but its no use, it just blacks screens, i did even waited 5 minutes.. if i open the console lid it throws the error message saying to turn off the console, this error message is present in the disc, so it loads something..

as i did with all my other games i didchecked the iso against redump, checksums where valid, did verified the burned disc in different ocasions, it was burned with imgburn, discs are memorex ones which seem to work nicely.

i am sure the disc is good, because it works in my wii with that weird requirement of unplugging the media launcher, its weird because the game is not even compatible with the official sd adapter
kinda wanted to avoid writing another disc, because its my last one and i am too lazy to get a new stock of discs

ho, in the gamecube the game also doesn't launch from the 2gb memory card i had been using, it does work fine from a 32gb sandisk one but i am sure this is an unrelated issue and more like my 2gb sd card might be too slow or maybe it doesn't like fat16
Although this is bordering on piracy, I'm curious, how did you burn the image to the disk? Can you post an image of how Swiss displays the disc contents to you? (Just trying to work out if you wrote the .iso/.gcm to a ISO9660 structured disc instead of writing it directly)
migles

Re: weird issue with launching WIND WAKER

Post by migles » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am

emu_kidid wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:45 pm
migles wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Although this is bordering on piracy, I'm curious, how did you burn the image to the disk? Can you post an image of how Swiss displays the disc contents to you? (Just trying to work out if you wrote the .iso/.gcm to a ISO9660 structured disc instead of writing it directly)
sorry about taking so long to answer, i did it like every other game, grabbed the iso file, checked the hash against redump and selected it in imgburn. i even made an iso out of this burned disc and the hash matched the redump one

i will provide a picture of it later

i dont wanna get or start an argument about piracy, (and i totally understand both parties) but yeah.. i downloaded the game, but don't worry! i will buy the game later. its in my need to buy list, i am making a small collection of games, and not only that but i always buy my favorite games