SWISS fails to save config

All your console related questions and answers :)
sidgallup

SWISS fails to save config

Post by sidgallup » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:36 pm

This is a strange issue im having with this particular Gamecube.

I have SWISS 533 on a miniDVD, SD Gecko with a 64GB MicroSD a few games, when i use this setup on my main Gcube it boots, saves and loads config fine, no problems at all, i use the config just to turn the laser OFF.

However, this exact same setup on another Gamecube. SWISS always fails to either load or save the config, whenever i try to save it it trhos an error that it failed, also it wont load it on boot since the disc keeeps spinning and in settings i can see the option to turn it off is always OFF, however, i can actually see the swiss.ini file on the root of the Microsd card.
I thought it could be a faulty Memory Card slot but i tested both by copying a savefile from one memory card to the other and it works fine.

Any ideas on why the hell it refuses to work on this particular Gamecube?
novenary

Re: SWISS fails to save config

Post by novenary » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Did you set the default device properly? That's stored in SRAM on the console itself.
sidgallup

Post by sidgallup » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:09 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:52 pm
Did you set the default device properly? That's stored in SRAM on the console itself.
You mean by selecting the SD Gecko in slot B ? if thats it then yes, i select slot B and try to save but fails, then reboot, it automatically loads from slot b, try to save and it also fails
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 pm

It's an option in the settings, not the device selection screen.