No audio output from GameCube

All your console related questions and answers :)
max4677

No audio output from GameCube

Post by max4677 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:33 pm

I recently brought my GameCube out of retirement when I noticed the Wii was having some trouble playing 1000 Year Door and wanted to see if it carried over to the Cube. Thankfully both systems are making good visuals again, but the Cube isn't putting out audio anymore.

I tried a third party A/V cable and an OEM one as well. I tried connecting via my A/V receiver, and directly to two different TVs. It had been just sitting in a cabinet on display but not actually connected to anything for probably about a year. It runs fine otherwise.

I popped it open and could find no visual damage anywhere on the motherboard, controller board, or power board. The Power Brick puts out 12.22V and I did a simple continuity test for both audio channels from the solder points on the motherboard all the way to the pins on the ends of the cables and it seems to check out. Bathed nearly everything in contact cleaner also without any result.

Any thoughts on further troubleshooting/repair, or should I just start looking for a replacement unit?
Gamecube_everyday

Re: No audio output from GameCube

Post by Gamecube_everyday » Fri May 24, 2019 4:10 am

Av cable prolly died
:ugeek: :D :ugeek: :D :ugeek: :D :ugeek: