Gamecube no longer giving option for Progressive Scan

All your console related questions and answers :)
Sno206

Gamecube no longer giving option for Progressive Scan

Post by Sno206 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi guys,

I use a carby v2 connector from the console to HDTV. My console is originally a J-NTSC but has a Xeno Mod so reads other region discs. I have always been able to activate progressive scan on NTSC games by holding "B" using this set up.

But recently I had console's menu region changed from J-NTSC to NTSC so I can read menu's and since it has returned I cannot seem to activate 480p mode. I cant work out wether it is the Carby box has give up or if the console is broken. I can still browse the menus on Carby with no issue, and Its still passing picture and audio in 480i fine.

I decided to burn Swiss to a disc and popped in the console to try and find out and force 480p that way and it does not seem to show 480p as an option. The options I get are 240p, 480i, 480sf, 240sf etc.

Any idea's whats going on and why I am not seeing 480p? what is 480sf? my TV does not seem to display the picture when this is selected.
Extrems

Re: Gamecube no longer giving option for Progressive Scan

Post by Extrems » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm

In the GCVideo menu under "Other settings", check if "Allow 480p mode" is set to On. If it is, it's possible you've shorted DetectCable.
Sno206 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:48 pm
my TV does not seem to display the picture when this is selected.
Game compatibility is low.